What records did you listen to today? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 291K
  • Watchers 25
10427_prod.jpg

senking - list. this album has been on heavy rotation of late...

fay's "time of the last persecution" is one of those re-discovered singer-songwriters (but closer to dylan, drake and cohen than today's derivatives) with a somewhat ideosyncratic style, along with albums like gary higgin's "red hash" and simon finn's "pass the distance".

this stuff isn't really my cup of tea, so i'll let someone else describe it further, but i have heard many people rave about it.
Interesting!
I have Red Hash, Paralleograms, that Mark Fry album, Karen Dalton et al, I seem to be amassing a lot of those 'rediscovered albums'. Some are fantastic.

Fucking class album.

Do you have the album of Flying Nun Abba covers?

Abbasalutely!
well - only have it on taped tape

have the 7" sampler - Loves Ugly Children (Honey Honey) and the Headless Chickens (Super Trouper)

the Flying Nun 25th anniversary box is excellent. Some deadly stuff on it.

Andrew Bird -- Armchair Apocrypha (one of the best albums I have heard in a long time)
Bruce Springsteen -- Nebraska
Country Teasers -- Back to The Future
Elvis Costello -- My Aim is True
Talking Heads -- Once in a Life Time

Plus a few hours on shuffle.

Lush - Spooky
Various - B-Music (Finders Keepers compilation)
Sonic Youth - Confusion is Sex/Kill Yr Idols
Low - Drums and Guns
LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
Red Crayola - Parable of Arable Land
Various - Artificial Intelligence 1 (Warp)
Von Sudenfed - Tromatic Reflexxions

the congos - the heart of the congos
the fall - hex enduction hour
von sudenfed - tromatic reflexxions
diplo - hollertronix #5
funkadelic - no head, no backstage pass
justice - d.a.n.c.e 12"
shackleton - blood on my hands
prince - i would die 4 u

c6255658g6q.jpg

I Know nothing about these guys except they make me wnat to ddance around the kitchen in my socks.

I have an incredible 7" and ok lp by the previous incarnation of them as Salvation Army. I never liked The 3 O'Clock,but afterwords a few of them(I think) were in a band called Permanent Green light who were ok

Rudimentary Peni-ep's of rp lp
Broken Needle-lp

whitehouse: bird seed, cruise, asceticsts, racket
nurse with wound: funeral music for perez prado, the sylvie and babs high thigh companion, the revenge of the selfish shellfish
joe meek: portrait of a genius
j. s. bach: the goldberg variations

Various - Torque (No U Turn)
Neil Landstrumm - Restaurant Of Assassins (Planet Mu)
Jesu/Eluvium - Split (Temporary Residence)

[SIZE=-1] “I Love You But I Have Chosen a Fourteen Year-Long Reverb Chamber” – Carl Portent

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Carl Portent began work on a fourteen year-long reverb chamber in 1996. Now completed and stretching for several thousand miles, the echo chamber is capable of generating a reverb time of fourteen years. The sole song on this album details Portent’s ex-wife’s reluctance to indulge his obsession. The song itself is only thirty-two seconds long, but with reverb saturating the mix, the running time is considerably greater. Due to technical limitations (the song will take at least fourteen years to record and mix) this CD constitutes only the first hour of the finished project. Subsequent CDs will be released every hour for the next fourteen years, with a 122,640 disc boxed-set due for release in 2020. “I wanted to capture, sonically, the emptiness of a Universe without God” explained Portent, before shooting himself in the face with a crossbow.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]"Reach for the Sky: The Best Aspirational Sports Rock Album in the World Ever " (various artists)[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]
Stirring compilation of morale-boosting rock anthems designed for team building, group discipline and positive thinking exercises. Be your best with Chesney Hawkes' "I Am the One and Only" on repeat play as you endure four hours of gruelling circuit training under the supervision of a humourless ex-military fitness instructor. Survivor's 'Eye of the Tiger' is the perfect Ipod companion to your morning ritual of six raw eggs mixed with some orange juice and then jogging for fucking ages around Philadelphia or whatever. Fretwork's postive mental attitude classic "Hard (if you wanna be a winner you gotta try really really)" will get you in just the right mindset for beating the living shit out of innocent punters after drinking ten cans of Red Bull when working the door at an inner-city nightclub. Practising your menacing, officious, tightly-coiled-spring glare in front of the bedroom mirror, straightening your tie, combing what's left of your hair, fastening your bomber jacket up to your fat fucking neck and spraying half a can of Lynx into your groin, the heavily compressed guitar solo is perfectly synchronised to your every movement, and you are the hero in the movie of your life. Yeah. Fuck yeah. Destroy. Wotchoo lookin at you fackin cant? Oi. Oi! You ya cant. watchoo lookin at? come 'ere you fuckin prick.

[/SIZE]
“Blank Verse” – Sound/Map/Vision

[SIZE=-1]The new album from Dan Coma’s S/M/V project exhibits a new-found irreverence and subversive whimsy. “People didn’t really get the jokes on my previous records, so I’ve pushed the humour to the forefront this time” he explains. Opener “[*Poq.]” exhibits an avuncular assymetry, hopping blithely between 16/4 and a gently knowing 17/300 signature. This immediately presents the listener with a conundrum: a playful juxtaposition or a brave (if foolhardy) musical portmanteau? Further on, Coma pulls off more sonic subterfuge, shoe-horning Foie-Gras Jazz rudiments into a regressive limbic-toto. The coruscating interregnum “Cratpdukn (l)” is perhaps too obvious a side-swipe at the moribund Bench Core scene, but when Coma transcends the exegetical limitations of the song-as-satire, his quarry resides squarely in the crosshairs. “Pumped Jennison” is tipped at a sound 14 to 1, with “Honey Girdles” still the firm favourite at 3 to 1. A robust, if occasionally profligate contribution.

[/SIZE]
http://www.silentagerecords.co.uk/ultraskull/ultraskull2/editorial.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back