What records did you listen to today? (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 290K
  • Watchers 25
Pissed Jeans-hope for men lp
Dio-sacred heart lp
Coroner-mental vortex lp
Visions Of Change-lp
God-for lover's only lp
v/a-killed by florida lp
v/a-hardcore unlawful assembly lp

last night

PaleSaints.TheComfortsOfMadness.cd.gif

PaleSaints.BargingIntoThePresenceOfGod.ep.gif

amazing records.

amazing records.
yeah they are aren't they? did you, or anyone for that matter see them supporting the pixies that time? i was a big fan of them before that. they were the sole reason i wanted to go to that, and when i didn't go in the end, i was so disgusted that i sort of stopped listening to the pale saints. pretty silly really, but i just felt like i had blown the only chance i'd get to see them (true as it turned out). i pulled out these records again a couple of years back and i see why i used to like them so much. really interesting production; the little segues between the tracks are pretty unique. great tunes. what about their later albums? any good?

yeah they are aren't they? did you, or anyone for that matter see them supporting the pixies that time? i was a big fan of them before that. they were the sole reason i wanted to go to that, and when i didn't go in the end, i was so disgusted that i sort of stopped listening to the pale saints. pretty silly really, but i just felt like i had blown the only chance i'd get to see them (true as it turned out). i pulled out these records again a couple of years back and i see why i used to like them so much. really interesting production; the little segues between the tracks are pretty unique. great tunes. what about their later albums? any good?

Yes, I saw them support the Pixies in the National Stadium.
Great value when you look at ticket prices now - £6.50 was the admission. My mate bought a navy and black Pale Saints t-shirt, the one and only time I've ever seen them for sale.

They played a short enough set, maybe 7 or 8 tracks. They opened with Two Sick Sisters which turned up on the Half-Life EP. I also remember Way The World Is.

The Comforts of Madness was/is a very decent debut. Still holds up today.
The subsequent bunch of records were also great. Half Life and Flesh Balloon EPs which saw them cover Kinky Love. The second LP, In Ribbons, came with a free 7" of the Tintwhistle Brass Band covering two Pale Saints tracks. I actually think In Ribbons is a better record than the debut. They released another single, Throwing Back The Apple and that's the last one I bought. Must try and digitise them when I get my CD recorder fixed.

Ian Masters left the band and they released a mediocre third LP in 1994 called Slow Buildings. I didn't bother buying it or the accompanying single, Fine Friend.

They seem to be just a footnote nowadays which is a pity. I'll never forget the first time I heard them - Sight Of You and She Rides The Waves blaring out of Comet's speakers in 1989. Back in the days when all indie 12"s seemed to cost £6.

Death Breath-death breath 7"
Umlaut-finland 6"
Fleas and Lice-parasites 7"
Dead Nation-painless 7"
Voorhees-bookburner 7"
FM Knives-keith levine 7"
Assault-7"
Colt Turkey-christmas sucks 7"
Hammer-raw tracks 2000 7"
Holier Than Thou-7"
Bad Brains-live lp
The Freeze-live at cape cod lp

whitehouse: racket, birthdeath experience, quality time
nurse with wound: the swinging reflective, livin' fear of james last
thingumma*jigsaw: (awakeinwhitechapel), demolition/ambition
cannibal ox: the cold vein
current 93: where the long shadows fall, the starres are marching sadly home
throbbing gristle: heathen earth
diana rogerson: the lights are on but no-one is home
wendy carlos: switched on bach

Radio Birdman-hungry cannibals 7"
Witchcraft-if crimson was your colour 7'
UFO-no place to run lp
Bluesbreakers,John Mayall with Eric Clapton-"beano" lp

“Midnight in the Pool of Barrymore” – Fists of Fury

Spoken word recording by a man who came back from the dead after being buggered senseless in a marathon three day cocaine orgy which resulted in him floating face down in a swimming pool, his guts pumped to bursting with a three pint cocktail of spit, piss and jism. Sprinkled with magic dust by a Spotty Man from outer space, he returns to ruminate upon the resulting tabloid frenzy of wildly hateful speculation and pernicious homophobia. Music by M People.

“All Back to My Mum’s” - Various Artists

Respected microtonal sound Dadaist Gorge Stillje curates this cerebral sound-collage of work from fourteen contemporary bedroom electronica artists, all of whom still live with their mums. This is a cutting edge compilation of the best nascent talent in the field of soulless, alienating dog shit that will never get them anywhere.

"Three on a Meathook" - Der Rat Kellar

The sound of a man in a mask and cape screaming at another man in a mask and cape, who is screaming at another man in a mask and cape. The resulting signal is captured on a precision calibrated 2 inch Studer 24 track analogue multi-track tape recorder, using a classic Neumann U47 microphone. This is then played back through a cheap hi-fi, recorded onto a dictaphone, played back down a telephone and recorded onto an answer phone, then broadcast on short wave radio, received on a portable radio and recorded onto C90 cassette, then played back through a megaphone and into an intercom which terminates in a bugged room. The surveillance team record the signal onto a 4-bit digital sampler, crush the bit depth down to 2-bits using audio software, then transfer it to an Exabyte cartridge, press an 88 rpm shellac record, play it through a gramophone, recording it back onto a precision calibrated 2 inch Studer 24 track analogue multitrack tape recorder, using a classic Neumann U47 microphone. The finished track is mastered onto a quarter-inch tape machine. The results are unremarkable.

http://www.silentagerecords.co.uk/ultraskull/

nurse with wound: chance meeting on a dissecting table of a sewing machine and an umbrella
eric aldea and ivan chiossone: narcophony
dj /rupture: the bidoun sessions
john duncan: the keening towers
the hafler trio: intoutof
monos: everyday soundtracks
daniel menche: sirocco
aube: metal de metal
zbignew karkowski and aube: mutation
j. s. bach: brandenburg concertos

White Stripes-icky thump 2xlp
Unearthly Trance-the trident lp
Government Issue-joy ride lp
Urko/Minute Manifesto-split lp
Carbonas-blackout 7"
Van Halen-fair warning lp

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back