What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Batman - Gotham Knight. I came across this on Amazon Prime - six 10-15 minute anime films. It looks amazing and I really enjoyed it.

Gerald's Game. Hmmmm. Iffy as fuck.

the paedo dad backstory was a bit wtf
watched it last night. Found myself being less harsh on it because it was a netflix yoke.

Read the book about 25 years ago and had only vague recollections of what it was about. Don't remember there being in iPhone in it, mind.

Iffy, but grand.

I went to it last night and had pretty much your initial reaction too but I'm pretty sure I liked it. I haven't thought so much about a film after seeing it in a long while.
That seems to be the general reaction from what I can gather. Was still talking about it this morning with a colleague too. There's lots to mull over!

That seems to be the general reaction from what I can gather. Was still talking about it this morning with a colleague too. There's lots to mull over!

Three people I am connected to and whose opinions I respect have taken to fb recently to rant about how irredeemably awful this movie is. Another one whose opinions I respect even more has declared it a masterpiece. Still haven't gotten around to catching it myself though ...

Three people I am connected to and whose opinions I respect have taken to fb recently to rant about how irredeemably awful this movie is. Another one whose opinions I respect even more has declared it a masterpiece. Still haven't gotten around to catching it myself though ...
I don't go to the cinema much but the reactions to this have me itching to check it out.

It's certainly not awful. It is over the top, hysterical, ridiculous even, but well worth seeing.

Watched Possession (1981) last night. First time to see it. Some pretty fucked up shit. Mark Kermode compared it slightly to Von Triers' Antichrist, which I haven't seen. I was thinking once again of Arronofsky's Mother, only for the fact that Possession is also quite hysterical and out there. It's pretty batshit crazy, but worth a look.

Watched Possession (1981) last night. First time to see it. Some pretty fucked up shit. Mark Kermode compared it slightly to Von Triers' Antichrist, which I haven't seen. I was thinking once again of Arronofsky's Mother, only for the fact that Possession is also quite hysterical and out there. It's pretty batshit crazy, but worth a look.
Antichrist is heavy going but really good. Haven't seen Possession but it's on a long list of films that I feel I should see but never get around to watching.

Blade Runner 2049 - It looks and sounds fantastic, and I liked that it held to the sometimes leisurely pacing of the original film (but didn't feel like it dragged, which is to its credit for a near 3 hour film).. I would say that it lacks the vivid characters of the original, Gosling is a bit too much of a blank slate as the P.O.V. character and there's nobody really as memorable as Rutger Hauer, Daryl Hannah or even the oddball side characters. As a well-realized continuation of the world of the original movie it definitely succeeds though.

The Wrecking Crew doco. Hmmm. I thought the story could have been told in half an hour. Sure it is all very interesting, or at least could have been. As a doco it wasn't great.

Was all ready to watch Submarine last night when I got the text of g-list for a gig so I legged it. The others watched it though and liked it, "you should watch it while it's still rented". That's a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back