What movie did you watch last night? (30 Viewers)

220px-Sorcerer77poster.jpg

Never heard of it but it reads like a remake of this?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently Friedken was a major fan of the original adaptation but has denied that it was a remake even though most see it as such (possibly because the author owned the rights and was implausibly less than enamoured with the original). Clouzot the director of Wages of Fear even got a cut of the money by all accounts.

I remember seeing in on Moviedrome a long long time ago

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fast and furious 6. First time to see any of those films. It felt like being on a stag night with your dodgy cousin or something. Just full of wrong messages and wrong ideas, but a few crazy lols that you wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Mistress America, there was a bit in the 4th 5th of it when it was very good, terrific farcical stuff. But the rest was only so so without exactly being bad, Greta Gerwig has something, I'd like to see her do stuff not with Baumbach

Really? I got a very apatow-esque vibe off of that section. Some strange mesh of a very stagey premise with some 'naturalistic'/mumbly dialogue which just jarred for me. I didn't like the film much at all. My girlfriend did, though.

Watched Miller's Crossing last night. Good stuff, interesting to see how the Coens were testing stuff out/finding what works. Overall a lot more dour than what came after (with the exception being No Country, of course), but the more comedic and manic moments which did occur, elevated the film for me personally.

Really? I got a very apatow-esque vibe off of that section. Some strange mesh of a very stagey premise with some 'naturalistic'/mumbly dialogue which just jarred for me. I didn't like the film much at all. My girlfriend did, though.

I have a soft spot for farce, used to love the Frasier episodes when they cranked that up

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back