What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

I saw Ex Machina last night. One of the best science fiction films I've seen in ages, with an incredible score and the weirdest dance scene I've ever seen in any film ever.

I'll write more about it when I've processed it a bit more but definitely check it out.

Gangster Squad.

Greatest load of cobblers. Half decent cast, nice look other than Sean Penn's weird prosthetic nose, but not much of a plot and riven with cliches. It only cost €3 in Tesco but I still felt robbed. It boggles my mind that they weren't able to make a better stab at a gangster movie pastiche than this considering the ample resources they had to hand.

I saw Ex Machina last night. One of the best science fiction films I've seen in ages, with an incredible score and the weirdest dance scene I've ever seen in any film ever.

I'll write more about it when I've processed it a bit more but definitely check it out.

looking forward very much to this.

just read earlier that its geoff barrow of portishead with some other guy that did the score.

Gangster Squad.

Greatest load of cobblers. Half decent cast, nice look other than Sean Penn's weird prosthetic nose, but not much of a plot and riven with cliches.

I was so looking forward to this one too - what was with Penn's face he looked like a bad guy from Dick Tracey....No appearace by Mickey Cohens Bulldog will disappoint fans of James Elroy.

the guy at the cinema wouldn't sell us tickets to Kingsman with the lads so that was the only other thing on at the right time. No way in hell I would purposefully watch something like that.

the guy at the cinema wouldn't sell us tickets to Kingsman with the lads so that was the only other thing on at the right time. No way in hell I would purposefully watch something like that.
What?

What a fucking jobsworth

The Monuments Men. This was complete shite.

When stuff starts to happen to the main characters I began to wonder if I'd missed a good half hour that was supposed to make me care about any of them them.

Walter Hill's The Driver. heavily stylized, pulpy crime flick. Great chase scenes and a cool score. Better than Drive.
TheDriver_German_MPOTW.jpg

100 year old man climbs out of a window, or whatever it's called. It was cool, I liked it. The lads made it to the end of a subtitled film too which was nice.

Saw A Most Violent Year during the week there.. I quite liked it, it's a slow burner and Oscar Isaac channels a young Pacino type of character very well. I found the last 15-20 mins anticlimactic though
in that it teases you with a number of possible showdowns, and none of them materialize.. also I'm not sure if I was reading the intention of the last scene wrong, but it didn't feel like the delivery dude shooting himself carried much tragic weight.. unless they were making some point about Isaac's character becoming hardened by his own struggles.

Saw that Jupiter Ascending there (I went to the cinema without looking at times and it was the only thing I wouldn't have to wait an hour for) and it was a good laugh.
I mean, a big pile of bollocks, obviously, but very much entertaining in a Star Wars kind of way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back