What movie did you watch last night? (16 Viewers)

Inherent Vice

Lots of lols, lots of lovely women including the heavenly Joanna Newsom, dense plot, would like to see it again sometime.

Also featured a full band version of Neil's Journey Through the Past, which I had inexplicably never heard before.

Anyway, nice afternoon at the flicks.

Possibly because it was my first time to the cinema in about 6 months, and possibly because we'd accidentally booked super awesome VIP seats, but hells bells did I enjoy Whiplash earlier.

Had gone into it hearing the Full Metal Jacket comparisons, so was expecting it to be brutal, but not how exhilirating it was. For a film largely set in rehearsal rooms it had the zip and pace of an action movie. Seems the director is a drummer, and he pretty much edited the whole film to tempo, amazing.

Also, I assumed the kid was some prodigious drummer who was picked out of music school to act, but seems he's a regular teeny actor who happened to do some rock drumming in high school, but just practiced like hell for the part. Can't imagine many people getting that competent that quickly at *anything*

On the weird side, noticed a poster on the way out that the cinema is soon to be showing 'gallery movies'. In that they'll project famous paintings on screen for close up examination. Bananas.

On the weird side, noticed a poster on the way out that the cinema is soon to be showing 'gallery movies'. In that they'll project famous paintings on screen for close up examination. Bananas.

Exhibition On Screen: Light House Cinema - News & Events: Exhibition On Screen

Saw the trailer for that in the Lighthouse. It looks pretty cool.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Inherent Vice

Lots of lols, lots of lovely women including the heavenly Joanna Newsom, dense plot, would like to see it again sometime.

Also featured a full band version of Neil's Journey Through the Past, which I had inexplicably never heard before.

Anyway, nice afternoon at the flicks.

Saw it today. Good craic. I made up my mind going in not to get too caught up trying to follow the plot, and enjoyed it all the more for that. And yes, LOTS of lovely women.

tumblr_nh20idNWIm1r3kmkso1_1280.png

Watched John Wick and A Walk Among The Tombstones yesterday.

John Wick is grand. Sort of a cheesy/stupid action revenge thriller. Good fight scenes.

I really liked AWATTS. I was expecting something more like Taken but it was a proper character driven noir, really. Good turn by Neeson

Watched John Wick and A Walk Among The Tombstones yesterday.

John Wick is grand. Sort of a cheesy/stupid action revenge thriller. Good fight scenes.

I really liked AWATTS. I was expecting something more like Taken but it was a proper character driven noir, really. Good turn by Neeson

I liked when he punched the guy through window, as in, Liam's fist coming through the window and punching the guy in the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back