What movie did you watch last night? (32 Viewers)

I'm watching The Morning After. Incredibly 80s murder mystery about a washed up alcoholic actress, played by Jane Fonda, who wakes up next to the body of a murdered man remembering nothing of the night before. I mean, who hasn't been there, right?!

Weird tone to this, half the time it's played like a straight romantic comedy when Fonda's character, seemingly untraumatised about waking up up next to a mutilated corpse hooks up with Jeff Bridges charming, racist ex cop who throws around terms like "beaner" and "spade" willy nilly. Not sure what to make of it. It's not Sidney Lumet's usual fare.

There's a good "corpse falling out of a closet" scare bit
image.jpg

For some reason when 'what women want' came on the tv last night it got left on for the duration. Watchable. Then marissa tomai appeared in it and everything was ok. Oh and judy Greer was gorgeous too.

Wow, I'm a big OLEG fan - he is also a pioneer of mixed martial arts and used to fight in the old Vale Tudo events where it was bare knuckle and no holds barred. He also competed in some of the early UFCs.

Where are you that you are sitting across from him?

The Equalizer. What a strange film. It felt like a blockbuster re-imagining of Taxi Driver. Was that intentional?

I was really into the tv show as a kid. A real grime filled depicition of 80's NY. Absolutely amazing build in the theme tune, but the pay-off lets it down

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Greedy (1994)
Awful pile of shite "comedy" about a crochetty millionaire uncle played by Kirk Douglas presiding over nasty money grubbing relatives. The only reason I watched it was because Phil Hartman was in it but he couldn't redeem it.

Wow, I'm a big OLEG fan - he is also a pioneer of mixed martial arts and used to fight in the old Vale Tudo events where it was bare knuckle and no holds barred. He also competed in some of the early UFCs.

Where are you that you are sitting across from him?

On an Amtrak train to NYC

Dracula_Untold_poster.jpg

purely to perv on luke evans

pretty mediocre with some decently entertaining battle bits. insipid two-dimensional angelic blondey characters for vlad's wife and son (curly-headed princeling wiener kid who plays rickon stark in GoT); camply menacing turkish villains reminiscent of xerxes/rupaul from 300.

the plot is actually a pretty cool take on dracula--his origin story--but the execution of it is bland in too many places

definitely a set-up for sequels but based on critical reception (not great) they mightn't bother

top brooding/dishevelled evans action. 5/10

oh yeah, charles dance is in it too, as evil lad - good dancework

Blue Jasmine. Brilliant. I could write a lot more but I Don't think that's necessary.

Martha Marcy May Marlene.
Awful seeing Sol Starr of Austria, Vienna, being nasty but a well made movie. I thought the couple, while obviously supposed to have been vacuous assholes were too much like that. Call the cops, get a psychiatrist to the gaff, drive back with her.....do something. Brits out again, I'm afraid.

The last part of The Hobbit today.

I wanted 2 and a half hours of entertainment. I got it.

Haven't read the book. These three huge movies take the piss out of that little book by all accounts. If that doesn't bother you, this is great fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back