What movie did you watch last night? (9 Viewers)

I took the message to be that it is very hard to make art that matters and be taken seriously in a blockbuster world.
I think Inarritu has made a movie about himself here. His films strive to be serious art, but he's in a business that is all opening weekends and grosses and more than anything else, super hero movies.
He's trying to get 28 Grams or whatever made and all anyone wants to green light is the next fucking spandex film.

I mean it's not totally and completely that. But that's what I took from it. Art Vs Bollocks (to his view).

It's the first movie of his since Amores Perros that I've really liked.

Saw this today.. I liked it, though it's exhausting, all that claustrophobic close-up and capital-A Acting, with the flights of fantasy stuff piled on top of that. Probably could have done with a few more laughs. Norton was magnificently dickhead-ish though. Keaton kept reminding me of Louis CK, probably because he's started to physically resemble him, plus the kind of disappointed confused expression.

Interstellar. Very good. Except...

To get the first spaceship off earth (gravity: 1G) it needs a three stage rocket. and yet it can fly off the first planet they visit (gravity:1.2G) under its own power. grand so.

Also PS4 GTAV looks incredible on an IMAX screen.

Interstaller
Enjoyable - but has that same emptiness as all of Cristopher Nolan's films.

And why the Rachels aren't suing the hole off of Hans Zimmer for thieving Tea Merchants is beyond me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Interstaller

And why the Rachels aren't suing the hole off of Hans Zimmer for thieving Tea Merchants is beyond me.

it passed a couple of hours enjoyably but the ending was total shite

The Grand Budapest Hotel : Couldn't have looked better. Too long and by three quarters way through I couldn't give a shit what happened.

Frank : grand, I'd say this one gets better with repeated viewings.

Million Dubliners doco : annoying ending.

Interstaller

Yes! Knew I recognised that

Also agree with the "emptiness" hollow feeling.

Cause they have to queue behind the corpse of Sibelius' reanimated corpse to get there

Overall I have to say I did quite enjoy it. Could've done without Damon or Hathaway though. Interesting read:
Shut up about the inaccuracies of “Interstellar” – Quartz

never felt more compelled to say something out loud in the cinema when Matt Damon made his initial appearance in Interstellar. Practically biting my lip to withhold from say 'Maaat Daaamon' Team America style. seemed like the perfect moment.

Asked a mate for a movie under 90mins recommendation last night. came up with Locke. Really liked it. If it was any longer it could have become a pain in the hole. think it clocked in at 80 minutes or something. Worth a watch for sure

images

never felt more compelled to say something out loud in the cinema when Matt Damon made his initial appearance in Interstellar. Practically biting my lip to withhold from say 'Maaat Daaamon' Team America style. seemed like the perfect moment.
Haha, exactly the same! It took some restraint, me and the person I was with actually started laughing

Lots and lots over the weekend. Good and bad.

All Good Things. Clichéd and silly psycho thriller, based on a true story. Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst sleepwalk their way through this by numbers murder mystery.

Before I Go To Sleep. Clichéd and lazy psycho thriller, based on a shit sounding book. Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth sleepwalk their way through this ridiculous murder mystery, with added crappy twists.

Rescue Dawn. Terrific escape drama based on a mental true story. Christian Bale has never been better. Contains a bizarrely upbeat final scene which is completely at odds with the harrowing scenes of mental and physical degradation that precede it. Was it put there as a joke? At the behest of investors?

Hunger Games: Mockingjay pt.1. Alright. Not seen any of the others so I just felt totally lost, even though I know the basic premise, I didn’t know who anyone was or what they were doing. If you’re a fan I’m sure you’ll like it more than me.

Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead. Cracking heist gone wrong thriller. Sidney Lumet’s final film and he goes out with a bang. Riveting performances throughout. Ethan Hawke is particularly good as the weak, spoiled brother and deadbeat dad. RIP PSH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back