What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

Saw interstellar. First cinema trip in ages. Pleasant experience, my local cinema has improved. The film though was ok. It was like a director's cut. Way too long.

saw the imitation game the other night

i enjoyed it; the human side of it was pretty clunky* but the story of how they figured out how to crack the code was good

*i reckon a fair bit of modern liberal wishful thinking in how the two people who knew about it were totally blasé about turing's homosexuality, which seems a bit unlikely in 1940s england

also the tragic ending was very lurid and completely fictionalised - he was reported by his friends to have been in grand form and working away on various stuff during the 'chemical castration' period (including tinkering with cyanide in a slapdash makeshift lab in his spare room, which might explain how he died of cyanide poisoning); there's no evidence at all that he actually committed suicide.

I watched the time travellers wife and rare exports last night. Didn't give my full attention to the tttw but looked decent. rare exports was interesting and good very nicely shot with some great locations. This is a trailer for the writer director of rare exports new film
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I actually amazing. So well written. And completely enriches the film when you go back and watch it by giving the creature a solid motivation.

Seriously, click the link and skip to three minutes on the audio.
If you're not hooked within 60 seconds I'd be amazed.

The fucking recording is annoying. Too much compression.

8/10. Ripper!

Cross_of_Iron_UK_quad_poster.jpg

Second of tonights 70's double bill did not disappoint!

The Missouri Breaks ...7¾/10.

Woulda been an 8 but..the music was a bit off.That said..the music was brilliant!

missouri-breaks-1976-02-g.jpg

saw the imitation game the other night

i enjoyed it; the human side of it was pretty clunky* but the story of how they figured out how to crack the code was good

*i reckon a fair bit of modern liberal wishful thinking in how the two people who knew about it were totally blasé about turing's homosexuality, which seems a bit unlikely in 1940s england

also the tragic ending was very lurid and completely fictionalised - he was reported by his friends to have been in grand form and working away on various stuff during the 'chemical castration' period (including tinkering with cyanide in a slapdash makeshift lab in his spare room, which might explain how he died of cyanide poisoning); there's no evidence at all that he actually committed suicide.
Haven't seen the movie but
I thought it was pretty well excepted that he did commit suicide amongst his friends. The cyanide experiments it has been claimed gave a ready-made excuse for his mother and anyone who didn't want to believe it and it is thought that this was a purposeful distraction. Also seeming in grand form right before the act is actually extremely common. Once the person has made up their mind to end it very often it looks like a cloud has been lifted right before the end.

American Sniper

American_Sniper_poster.jpg

Clint Eastwood on his two favourite things, guns and the military.
Bradley Cooper is great at balancing the aw shucks/booyah nature of the character. Really good understated movie star intensity.
Plenty of tense fighting scenes. Even Sienna Miller is good in it initially, before being reduced to a one-note whiner.

Without ignoring the costs of war, it wraps itself in a particular type of American patriotism that will play well in the heartland, but you'd imagine will have diminishing returns beyond.

IMAX THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Went to see it yesterday in IMAX.

Enjoyed the movie. I thought it did a pretty good job of showing the sacrifices of Interstellar travel for those that partake I.E the time dilation etc.

Had a few hilarious/clunky moments such as MM being completely oblivious to there being hundreds of scientists working on a rocket behind a shitty wall.

I'm still thinking about the ending and trying to figure it out.
I do actually want to see it again sometime so figure out how some of the "ideas" in the film work within it's own logic.

Haven't seen the movie but
I thought it was pretty well excepted that he did commit suicide amongst his friends. The cyanide experiments it has been claimed gave a ready-made excuse for his mother and anyone who didn't want to believe it and it is thought that this was a purposeful distraction. Also seeming in grand form right before the act is actually extremely common. Once the person has made up their mind to end it very often it looks like a cloud has been lifted right before the end.

I heard Nooly killed him

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back