What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

I heard that song in a Barcelona pub last year and started dancing like crazy.

It is so good

But the song in that movie that drove me crazy was Hot Chocolate's Everyone's A Winner. Fucking killed me.

Something that you'd essentially forgotten that was just braces-on incredible.

Top shelf.

I havent seen number 3..

1/10?

hahaha

I'm gonna have to do the Hellraiser 3fer..its a great idea!

lol

A DJ gets turned into a Cenobite and fires cds from his head in Part 3.

If you want to check out a real piece of shit, check out Part 9, Hellraiser: Revelations. It was knocked together over a couple of weeks in 2011 for a budget of $300,000. Every dollar of that is on the screen.
They couldn't afford the actor who usually plays Pinhead.

It was on US Netflix recently. It's a real masterclass in how not to make a film.

Prisoners. A solid, gripping, well paced thriller. Gloomy and rainy just the way I like them. Jackman and Bello were very good as the distraught parents but the film belongs to Gyllenhaal. His performance is brilliantly nuanced. His best work so far.

Five Easy Pieces. Great little American drama from 1970. Jack Nicholson gives a brilliant, career making performance as the surly, waitress abusing, former child prodigy, at war with himself and everyone around him, Bobby Dupea. Beautiful cinematography too.

We're The Millers - Was OK.

This Is The End - quite possibly the stupidest film I've ever seen. Most enjoyable.

Don Jon. Had potential but never reached it. SJ was the most unlikable character I've seen in a while. That's including CB in Blue Jasmine. Plus, all the dudes in the film were reminding me of dudes from high school. Walking like they still had football pads on long after they left the field.

The Lifeguard. Kinda a indie/younger Stella Got Her Grove Back. More enjoyable but I seem to keep picking films where women are broken or lost and trying to find their way again. I'm not sure if it's netflix algorithms or my subconscious. Either way, it seems like late 20s is the new 'mid life crisis' and it starting to get on my nerves.

All three Jackass movies. Good fun. The second one is the best. The third is the weakest. The older and more weathered these lads get the less charming their stupid antics become. You can really see the toll their lifestyle has taken on them. Knoxville looks completely knackered at 42! The girls I was with still said they'd give him one though, despite his broken penis.

The To Do List. Amusing sex comdey with a smart, likable female protagonist played by the ever charming Aubrey Plaza. Worth watching for a decent script and a great cast. Bill Hader steals the movie as a burn out water park employee.
The-To-Do-List1.jpg

Prince Avalanche. David Gordon Greene's gorgeously shot buddy movie about two guys who paint the yellow lines down the middle of roads in rural Texas. Can't fault much here. Impeccably acted by Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch.
1367250360_prince-avalanche-poster.jpg

Prince Avalanche. David Gordon Greene's gorgeously shot buddy movie about two guys who paint the yellow lines down the middle of roads in rural Texas. Can't fault anything here. Impeccably acted by Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch.

Netflix or Cimena? I've never heard of this but that combo can only be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back