What movie did you watch last night? (23 Viewers)

I've been sick for the past few days so I watched a whole bunch of movies. Will post them over the next few days. Two I watched were This is the End and Tropic Thunder.

this_is_the-end.jpg

Tropic_Thunder_poster.jpg

Two movies featuring similar plots - pampered actors facing real life peril and going to pieces. Of the two I infinitely preferred This is the End. There's less reliance on clumsy satire, better chemistry amongst the cast and it's waaaay more fun. Tropic Thunder is really strained. This is the End is a blast the whole way through. Danny McBride steals both films.

How was it?

It was pretty good. Brolin is fantastic. And they change the plot just enough to keep you guessing.
It loses some of its mystique in transference, but it's a good thriller. And beautiful.
Sharlto Copley was a bit OTT for me, and I like the guy a lot.

I can't tell what city it is set in. It looks alternately like New York and then New Orleans.

Just watched Blue is the Warmest Colour. I really liked it. Beautiful looking film with good naturalistic performances from the leads. The early scenes really capture that feeling of being intoxicated with someone you really really fancy. The sex scenes do lapse into parody - people were laughing in the cinema - and I think it could have done without a few of the scenes that were non essential to the story but overall i was impressed.

Don Jon. Had potential but never reached it. SJ was the most unlikable character I've seen in a while. That's including CB in Blue Jasmine. Plus, all the dudes in the film were reminding me of dudes from high school. Walking like they still had football pads on long after they left the field.

I saw it at the weekend. Didn't think much of it. A decent idea but the script was really clunky. Could have been more subtle about making SJ a total asshole.

JGL looks odd with that extra bulk.

Exit Humanity. A Zombie film set in post Civil War Tennessee. Looks as if its an Alternate History as the Zombies have fairly well over run the State. The story comes from the journal of Edward Young who returns home to find that his wife wants to eat the ace off of him and his son is missing. Young heads off on a quest encountering some kindred souls and a mad exGeneral. Darkly filmed with much of the action takung place in dank forests.

Well worth a look.

Watch Film, Movie: Exit Humanity - 2011 online free. - Vidics.ch

301160_249022078477711_414824831_n.jpg

The To Do List. Amusing sex comdey with a smart, likable female protagonist played by the ever charming Aubrey Plaza. Worth watching for a decent script and a great cast. Bill Hader steals the movie as a burn out water park employee.
The-To-Do-List1.jpg

I watched that last night. Thought it was okay. Everyone in it was good, and it was full of actors I generally like but I felt it didn't really click fully.

Elf. Still deadly. Let's see how many times I can fit it in between now & Christmas, and if I can manage to distract the kid every time it's at the "some people don't believe in santa claus" scene.

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. That shopkeeper is way too hands on with the kids during the candyman song. No way they'd get away with that these days.

I watched The Falcon and The Snowman with Timothy Hutton and Sean Pean. I feel sorry for Timothy Hutton that he doesn't have more good films on his CV because he can really fucking act.

I've been sick for the past few days so I watched a whole bunch of movies. Will post them over the next few days. Two I watched were This is the End and Tropic Thunder.

this_is_the-end.jpg

Tropic_Thunder_poster.jpg

Two movies featuring similar plots - pampered actors facing real life peril and going to pieces. Of the two I infinitely preferred This is the End. There's less reliance on clumsy satire, better chemistry amongst the cast and it's waaaay more fun. Tropic Thunder is really strained. This is the End is a blast the whole way through. Danny McBride steals both films.
I got through 15 mins of This is the End .Ghastly

[REC]³ Genesis

This time its at a wedding and theres a zombie outbreak. Yeah been there. Good stuff though, kick ass bride wields a chainsaw, decapitating zombies. Theres also SpongeJohn ("its a copyright thing") with a rifle. A few more things are revealed. All will gel in REC 4 (apparently).

_REC_Genesis-45565.JPEG

Homefront - Jason Statham just wants to move to the country and look after his daughter in peace. Unfortunately, some rednecks and some bikers don't want that to happen. You can imagine what happens - Jason Statham 1, Rednecks 0.
If you like Jason Statham, then this film is a good laugh. He beats up a fair few people and never raises his voice.
If you don't like Jason Statham, then what's wrong with you?

Homefront - Jason Statham just wants to move to the country and look after his daughter in peace. Unfortunately, some rednecks and some bikers don't want that to happen. You can imagine what happens - Jason Statham 1, Rednecks 0.
If you like Jason Statham, then this film is a good laugh. He beats up a fair few people and never raises his voice.
If you don't like Jason Statham, then what's wrong with you?

I went to see that this week. Had a great laugh with it.
Watched Redemption then on Saturday, which was an odd sort of Statham film as in it appeared to be trying to say something.
I loved the cut to applause after he threw the dude off the roof.
Both films he starts off with long hair and cuts it for the rest of the movie. I like that apparently his bald head needs a back story.
Oh, and he fucks a nun.

Long may he continue to churn these flicks out.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

One of the best westerns in recent years. Everything works - the script, the score, the gorgeous cinematography and most of all the cast. Casey Afleck is fantastic and Shepard, Renner, Rockwell and Schneider are all on top form. The only cast member I was a bit iffy about was Brad Pitt. He seems to be doing some kind of weird mash up between his early characters Early Grayce from Kalifornia and Floyd from true Romance. Smashing film all the same though.

MV5BMTQ3OTA5NjY3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjAxOTI3MQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Still love it. From the scenery to the armour design and costume designs...the cast..the slow motion ride through the cherry trees, the tree adorned with the corpses of knights

most good

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back