What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Aw that disappoints me somehow. It's good Woody. What didn't ya like?
It was missing the comedic factor for me. Don't get me wrong the acting was superb, so much so, I wanted to punch Cate in the face. Normally, the internal struggle of his characters has a bit of levity but not this one for me. It was gruelling and uncomfortable.*

*Possibly a tiny bit of truth in washingcattle's joke.

It was missing the comedic factor for me. Don't get me wrong the acting was superb, so much so, I wanted to punch Cate in the face. Normally, the internal struggle of his characters has a bit of levity but not this one for me. It was gruelling and uncomfortable.*

*Possibly a tiny bit of truth in washingcattle's joke.
Stuhlberg with the glove! Hilarious, come on??

Just watched Defending Your Life written and directed by Albert Brooks and starring Rip Torn and Meryl Streep. A warm comedy fantasy about a man who dies and goes to a place called judgment city. There they are judged about their life on Earth and how they dealt with their fear. If they pass the test - they move on to a more intelligent, fulfilling life, otherwise they are re-incarnated back on Earth until they have learnt their lesson. The script and performances are top notch and its funny without being mawkish or corny.

MOV_ed0dd213_b.jpg

Last edited:
The Tenant. my favourite Polanski film. A faultless exercise in paranoia and dread. Polanski should have been nominated for Best Actor as well. He's brilliant in this. And the score. Everything about it is perfect. There's not a wasted second onscreen.
tenant3-1.jpeg

The Tenant. my favourite Polanski film. A faultless exercise in paranoia and dread. Polanski should have been nominated for Best Actor as well. He's brilliant in this. And the score. Everything about it is perfect. There's not a wasted second onscreen.
tenant3-1.jpeg

That's one of my favourite books but I've never seen the film. I really need to get on it.

Watched the 2nd Exorcist. It is indeed better than the third, if a little wacky in Boorman's hands. James Mason's shirts for a priest are a sight to behold. Stevie Nicks is surprisingly good in it

US Netflix seems to have had a bit of a revamp on the PS3, lots of great new/old stuff. Trash from the 80s that I really love like, Troll, Ghoulies and Fly 2.

When a teenager this guy said said "You look like someone famous.", I said "who?" and he said "The dog from Fly 2".

I did kind of look like the dog from Fly 2 at the time though.

Just in from seeing Gravity in that IMAX 3D. Best VFX I've ever seen in a movie, and the 3d was fantastic for a change. Not a bad movie neither.

Doctor Death (1973)

Effective US horror [not a TVM] about selective re-incarnation and transfer of souls. Some hotness. Briefly features Moe Howard from The Three Stooges is his final role.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I won the limited edition 25th anniversary DVD of Cannibal Holocaust on ebay yesterday.

Looking forward to retiring my fourth generation VHS copy from 1984.

You can complain all your like about the film but there's one key message.

The indigenous people are the real savages in this instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back