What movie did you watch last night? (27 Viewers)

Gravity. Meh. It's a film that could only be made today. Technically impressive but the characters, dialogue and story were shite. Unforgivably mawkish. Meh.
were we supposed to give a fuck about Bullock's dead kid?
Meh

Yeah they couldn't resist getting a slice of treacly Hollywood emoting in there.. Actually the whole film would have been a lot better if they'd stripped out all the dialogue and replaced it with either dead silence/atmospheric sound effects or this:
Brianenoapollo.jpg

I will say it was one of the few films where the bloody 3D glasses actually made some sense, the tumbling viewpoint and things flying past the camera all the time reminded me of playing Descent on the PC back in the day..

i saw gravity the other night. liked it a lot. clooney was a bit annoying, the science had some holes and it seemed to be treading into god-loving territory, but it had me in its grip for the duration.

I thought Gravity was very, very good, verging on excellent. The only 3D movie I have ever liked.
Even the sentimental parts worked on me -slow tears in the cinema is a minor pleasure for me.

Was disappointed that Arvo Part didn't get a look in - despite the promise in the trailer....

Session 9. A terrific little horror movie from the director of The Machinist. Four lads are hired to remove asbestos from an abandoned lunatic asylum. One of them finds a bunch of audio recordings of a patient's hypnotherapy sessions. Things start to go weird from there. Creepy as fuck, great cast, great locations and brilliant sound design. Recommended.
MV5BMTc5NTAwOTE4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzMyMjIyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg

Saw it nine hours ago. My nerves are still shot! Film of the year for me.

e="Unicron, post: 1520381, member: 1569"]Prisoners, thought it was terrific.

Other that Zodiac I think it's the best thing that Gyllenhaal has been in, and the best that Jackman has ever been by a million miles

Saw Prisoners last night. Nicely tense thriller. Great performance from Gyllehhall. Tight and tidy script, maybe a bit too tidy but that's my only quibble. Not quite Zodiac but a very good watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back