What movie did you watch last night? (27 Viewers)

i could have done with subtitles on parts of the angel's share to be honest...but that's glasgow

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ha! I love that - "Hoo Noo?"

I was in a bar in Edinburgh and they stopped serving some guy. Took him yelling it about 5 times at the barman for me to figure out it means "Why not?"

Finally saw Elysium, not bad. Really liked the space station, the habitat was based on Larry Nivens Ringworld. But if they had the technology and capacity to build that then they probably could have built a better retreat on Earth using less resources.

I watched The Car. I remember watching this in a youth club in the 80s when I was about 7 or 8. It's about a car with no driver stalking the inhabitants of a town policed by James Brolin. It's so good that I'm about to stick it on again this morning.

It came out in 1977 and you tell that it was a definite conscious decision to copy the template of Jaws, with a possessed car instead of a shark and Brolin as it's Chief Brody. It's played straight and unintentionally hilarious but Brolin's really engaging and likeable as a Brody character. It's a really entertaining film that I feel too much affection for to call it 'trash'.

Right-before-The-Car-bonks-Brolin.jpg

^Agreed. Pretty much perfect Lovecraft adaptation.
Have you seen Whisperer in the Darkness by the same people. Not quite as good and loses it a bit in the end but still a great watch.

Gravity. Meh. It's a film that could only be made today. Technically impressive but the characters, dialogue and story were shite. Unforgivably mawkish. Meh.
were we supposed to give a fuck about Bullock's dead kid?
Meh

They've been fucking RAVING about that all week on Newstalk...hmmm

Throwing around..BEST FILM EVER grade shite..hmmm

4/10!

Ahh for fucks sake.

They've been giving it..8/10 style at LEAST!
Throwing superlatives around like they're going outta style.
A new beginning for cinema etc..

I was telling me bird about it on Friday night..saying..we should defo check this one out in the cinema...and she was all like..nah fuck that get it on the torrents...and I scoffed at her.

But ..we'll be waiting for a torrent now!

Edit..I was a BIT scepitcal when they were saying how Sandra Bollocks was incredible ..and SUPER SEXY?

That thing was never sexy and she was NEVER incredible.

Going to watch that tomorrow. Any other good Lovecraft adaptations you'd recommend?
Personally I liked Dagon - despite its name it is actually a version of Shadow over Innsmouth. Much like the same directors Re-Animator, its too over the top to be called 'a good adaptation' but its a good fun film.

I like the old Dunwich Horror from 1970 but a lot has been changed from the original story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back