What movie did you watch last night? (37 Viewers)

Happy People: A Year in the Taiga (2010) - IMDb

another werner herzog documentary-style feature. absolutely loved it.

Very enjoyable, those Russians are tough people. If you like Werner Herzog docu's- check out Into The Abyss. Its about a young man on death row for a senseless murder. Herzog interviews the death row inmate (Michael Perry) when he was only 8 days away from being executed. He also talks to the family of the victim, the pastor and the executioner himself. The film goes through the whole background of the crime. It is a very powerful and compelling documentary.

Last edited:
i've loved basically all of the herzog documentary-films i've seen (Into the Abyss, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Encounters at the End of the World, Grizzly Man, Wheel of Time, Little Dieter Needs to Fly, Great Ecstasy Of The Sculptor Steiner, others i can't seem to find)

...but didn't like any of his non-documentary features at all (My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done, The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans, Fitzcarraldo, Aguirre, the Wrath of God)

i mean, i thought the docu-films were all, without exception, amazing. and all the non-docu-films, shite. i'm still hoping to find a fictional feature i'd like.

love the popul vuh soundtracks and his voice. and of course, the man himself. what a legend!

...but didn't like any of his non-documentary features at all (My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done, The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans, Fitzcarraldo, Aguirre, the Wrath of God)
40070d1330225075-kdog-goin-1911-gasp.jpg

I mehed this post..not outta disrespect..but you could at least give us marks outta ten ffs.

Like ok..you watched three movies..but some indication of quality would'nt go astray.

I've never seen Thank Girl.Looks gash

A feild in england main plus for me was just that it was shot in a nice natural area considering how low budget it probably was a good quality camera filming out doors is not a bad idea also i liked the experimental parts with the split mirrored screen and slow motion etc.

Thank girl is not a bad film as a comic book adaptation i suspect it stays fairly true to the original caracter who is a superheroine but with no special powers apart from owning a tank.

Blood on satans claw i thought was a really fascinating horror set in rural england maybe 1600's sense of mystery was well kept up unexplained happings mysteriousness etc. Even though there is full blown monster at the end and everything gets resolved which i think this is a good thing in this genre. Slightly moralistic aswell i suppose scince there is some sinister actions in it.

Yeah, I seen The Outfit and Rolling Thunder. Both great films. The Outfit is another version of Point blank which I think I preferred though.

went to the cinema and saw Filth last night - it was fucking brilliant. james mcavoy was amazing and i wasn't that keen on him before.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the trailer doesn't really do it justice

my two cinema buddies weren't quite as impressed -we all agreed james mcavoy was brilliant though, which i thought was the main thing, cos it's more like a character study than a plot-driven film (one complaint was that the plot was baffling, which i don't agree with anyway)

a rare triumph of movie version over book version...i reckon

Yeah James McElroy was great in this. I don't know why people don't like him, and I gather they don't, because I think he's consistently good even if some of his movies haven't been the best. I liked this movie but felt it fell just short of greatness..there were a few clunky moments...hallucinating a witch/calling her a witch seemed uneccessary a didn't sound authentic..minor things like that just bugged meBut also some very good, memorable scenes all down to James McEvoy. I'll definitely watch it again.

And I don't care if Imogen Poots ..I wouldn't kick her out of bed

went to the cinema and saw Filth last night - it was fucking brilliant. james mcavoy was amazing and i wasn't that keen on him before.

the trailer doesn't really do it justice

my two cinema buddies weren't quite as impressed -we all agreed james mcavoy was brilliant though, which i thought was the main thing, cos it's more like a character study than a plot-driven film (one complaint was that the plot was baffling, which i don't agree with anyway)

a rare triumph of movie version over book version...i reckon

Dying to see this.

They might fucking subtitle it over here.

Inside Llewyn Davis
images

Good stuff from the Coens.

That's not out for ages over here, really pisses me off. They're having a night in the Lighthouse where they're going to listen to the soundtrack or some shit! Does it live up to the hype?

it's edinburgh english, pairrrfectly crrrrromulent

The subtitled The Angels Share over here. Which helped in some ways I suppose, but lots of the older people drawn to what was billed as a feel-good story probably would have preferred not having the word 'cunt' up on the screen every few minutes.

i could have done with subtitles on parts of the angel's share to be honest...but that's glasgow

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back