What movie did you watch last night? (33 Viewers)

Charley Varrick (1973)

One of the best heist movies. Hard. Double-crossing. Directed by Donald Siegel. Stars Walter Matthau as a wily fox, Joe Don Baker as a heavy and three significant ladies [Ms Fort, Nadine and Jewell Everett]. Also got two Dirty Harry men [Andy Robinson and John Vernon i.e. Scorpio and The Mayor.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For Halloween I watched:

The Fog (the original of course)
The Satanic Rites of Dracula
An Episode of BEASTS (the Nigel Kneale Series) - Episode was the 'Baby'
The Last Simpsons Treehouse of Horror
Trick R Treat

Beasts has some good stories - During Barty's Party is very atmospheric.

The Hunt. A tremendous film. Intelligent, terrifying. Several scenes were among the most gripping i've seen in a film in a long time. mads mikkelsen is superb, one of the best actors around at the moment.
322.jpg

170464~Creepshow-Posters.jpg

Great Anthology film from back when Romero made decent stuff. Worth watching to see an allstar cast chew up the scenery. I saw this in the cinema when it came out - that place on the quays where Jimmy Chungs is.

Invisible-Man.jpeg

Claude Rains plays the Invisible Jerk in this underrated Universal Film - which ranges from slapstick comedy to wide scale mayhem and murder.

Thank Girl
blood on satan's claw
a feild in england
I mehed this post..not outta disrespect..but you could at least give us marks outta ten ffs.

Like ok..you watched three movies..but some indication of qwality would'nt go astray.

I've never seen Thank Girl.Looks gash

Looks appalling.I remember when it came out..and I thought..

Good God that looks piss poor

The Kings of Summer. Charming but slight coming of age drama. A witty script and good performances keep this consistantly entertaining despite some irritating directorly flourishes and a typically indie hipster soundtrack. Much better than Adventureland which I thought was a pile of shite.
The-Kings-of-Summer-TC-DI-to-L8.jpg

Agree with everyone regarding that outstanding film The Hunt. Another great foreign movie I caught over the weekend was Rust and Bone. Terrific acting and drama plus Marion Cottilard is always easy on the eye :).

Charley Varrick (1973)

One of the best heist movies. Hard. Double-crossing. Directed by Donald Siegel. Stars Walter Matthau as a wily fox, Joe Don Baker as a heavy and three significant ladies [Ms Fort, Nadine and Jewell Everett]. Also got two Dirty Harry men [Andy Robinson and John Vernon i.e. Scorpio and The Mayor.

Watched this last night after you mentioning. FUcking great film - thanks for the heads up. I don't think I even heard of it before. The leads were great in it especially Joe Don Baker (as usual).

Watched this last night after you mentioning. FUcking great film - thanks for the heads up. I don't think I even heard of it before. The leads were great in it especially Joe Don Baker (as usual).

You're very welcome - glad I was able to tip somebody else off about it. A cracker alright, some nice plot twists. Matthau's character had all bases covered and was working three steps ahead at all times.

PS - have you seen The Outfit [also got Joe Don Baker]. Same year. Directed by John Flynn who also did Rolling Thunder [William Devane as a frazzled Vietnam vet]

and

You're very welcome - glad I was able to tip somebody else off about it. A cracker alright, some nice plot twists. Matthau's character had all bases covered and was working three steps ahead at all times.

PS - have you seen The Outfit [also got Joe Don Baker]. Same year. Directed by John Flynn who also did Rolling Thunder [William Devane as a frazzled Vietnam vet]

and

Torrenting this tonight so

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back