What movie did you watch last night? (12 Viewers)

I'm starting to believe that he doesn't know he was even in The Sopranos. Maybe the crew just followed him around and that's what he's really like. It's shit. Don't bother.
Haha, I watched that episode the other day. One of the best Christopher episodes. Chris mugging Lauren Bacall for her awards booty gave me one of the biggest laughs of the whole show.

I watched Robert Altman's Images. Couple living in an isolated countryside mansion. The wife cracks up and starts hallucinating. Descends into murder and mayhem. Influenced by Polanski's early films - Repulsion and Rosemary's Baby in particular - but not on par. Looks great - intense, dreamlike visuals - but confusing.

John Cassavetes A Woman Under The Influence. Another film featuring a woman suffering a nervous breakdown. This is a great movie featuring an amazing central performance from Gena Rowlands which is unlike anything I've ever seen before. Peter Falk is superb in it too. Features lots of yelling and confusion in manner of the best 70s movies.

220px-Adamsrib.jpg

I watched Robert Altman's Images. Couple living in an isolated countryside mansion. The wife cracks up and starts hallucinating. Descends into murder and mayhem. Influenced by Polanski's early films - Repulsion and Rosemary's Baby in particular - but not on par. Looks great - intense, dreamlike visuals - but confusing.

The Robert Altman film reminds me a liitle bit of Todd Haynes movie Safe starring Julianne Moore. One of the those weird, unusual film that you can't stop watching. Great unsettling atmosphere throughout.

Haha, I watched that episode the other day. One of the best Christopher episodes. Chris mugging Lauren Bacall for her awards booty gave me one of the biggest laughs of the whole show.
Fucking gold. I love when he gets back and tries to give some of it to Tony, who couldn't give two fucks about any of it.

Turbo.Snail dreams of racing in the Indi 500.

Its a kids movie obviously.

IMDB gives it a 6.3 and that sounds about right to me.

Went to The Counselor yesterday. A fucking bewildering movie. The first half you haven't a clue what's going on. The second half it comes together but everyone is walking around spouting philosophical aphorisms. And there's a decent bit of violence.
My first remark when the lights went up was "I don't know what that was"

Also saw 12 Years A Slave. It's like a horror movie, except the scary monsters are white people.
Fucking very hard to watch at times. Nearly fucking cried at the end. Like a goddamn girl.
Very powerful stuff.

Captain Phillips: Some pirates take Tom Hanks hostage, because they are mad bad lads. I reckon Forrest Whittaker as Idi Amin would have made mincemeat out of them though.
Good film, definitely not oscar-worthy.

Blue Jasmine: Cate Blanchett plays herself. Sally Hawkins does a very good yankee accent. Good film, Midnight in Paris was much better though.

Escape Plan: Stallone and Schwarzenegger do Fortress/No Escape (Remember that piece of comedy??)/Lock-Out(aka Fortress)
Does exactly what it says on the tin. Schwarzenegger steals the whole film, of course - there's just something hilarious about him that Stallone can't match, he's just better at the one-liners and stuff. It's weird like - Stallone is a better actor for sure, but Arnie just rules like.

Finally:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hilarious monstrosity of a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back