What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

I was stuck inside yesterday with a sinus infection, so I watched three films back to back. My brains turned to marshmallow, but it was fun!

MV5BMTk4MDQ1NzE3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA0MDkzNw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Film One was 'Seeking a Friend for the End of the World', which I watched because I absolutely love when Steve Carrell does his mellow bit. Thing is though, he kind of plays the same character he does in 'Dan in Real Life', in my opinion (desperate, lethargic sadman saved by the girl with eternal youth) and he does it so much better in the former. Its not a bad film, but its borderline "kooky"/annoying.
I have mixed feelings on Keira Knightly but I think she can be charming. Her carrying around Walker Brothers Records for some reason really annoyed me in this.

215px-To_rome_with_love_ver2.jpg

I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea for me to watch this because I think Woody Allen is loathsome and hasn't made a good film in a long time. This did not disappoint my cynicism. The most offensive storyline was the Jesse Eisenberg/Ellen Page one, which... agh, I don't even want to talk about how annoying and shit this film was really.

220px-Hugo_Poster.jpg

Now this one was absolutely fantastic. I knew it was going to be amazing, and I'm a year behind preaching mostly to the converted, I'd imagine, but I LOVED absolutely everything about this film. It was just joyous, uncynical and utterly in love with film making and that is JUST NICE. Asa Butterfield has one of those faces that just needs to be filmed and photographed for ever. Martin Scorsese does a family movie, huh!

220px-Hugo_Poster.jpg

Now this one was absolutely fantastic. I knew it was going to be amazing, and I'm a year behind preaching mostly to the converted, I'd imagine, but I LOVED absolutely everything about this film. It was just joyous, uncynical and utterly in love with film making and that is JUST NICE. Asa Butterfield has one of those faces that just needs to be filmed and photographed for ever. Martin Scorsese does a family movie, huh!

Scorsese could make infomercials and turn them into art.

Just watched this. Pretty damn nasty

I really liked it. Can't believe I only got around to watching it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just watched this. Pretty damn nasty

I really liked it. Can't believe I only got around to watching it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw this once - many years ago in a dingy flat in Waterford. You've just reminded me to check it out again.

A love story from Hammer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back