What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

Gave it a blast tonight. Moodier than I remember. Hammer goes kitchen-sink. Caroline is a stunner.

yep--straight to the retro horn thread with her
KatyaWyeth2.jpg

Dark Shadow.

Fairly good.I normally dont like Tim Burton movies but this one was a cut above.Johnny Depp was excellent.

Alice Cooper shows up in it.He is fucked.And a dope.

Bottle Rocket. Enjoyable
Bottle-Rocket.jpg

The opening scene is the best and when first started to adore Luke Wilson.

Also this exchange.... (could be slightly wrong because it's from memory)
A:Grace thinks I'm a failure.
D: What? What has she ever accomplished in her life that's so great?
A: She's only 12....
D: That's no excuse.

The opening scene is the best and when first started to adore Luke Wilson.

Also this exchange.... (could be slightly wrong because it's from memory)
A:Grace thinks I'm a failure.
D: What? What has she ever accomplished in her life that's so great?
A: She's only 12....
D: That's no excuse.

Yeah I loved that exchange

G: When are you coming home?
A: I can't come home, Grace, I'm an adult

The-Entity-1982.jpg

someone recommended this over in the horror thread.

imdb rated it at just over 6. reckon that is bang on. average. movie was a cycle of the same thing happening over every twenty minutes

213964.1020.A.jpg

surprisingly good, while also obviously hilarious, with cameos from ozzy osbourne and gene simmons. a combination of hallowe'en party horror and the old 'summoning demons by playing a metal record backwards' myth. unlike many cheesy horror movies the acting is actually decent and the characters are well cast.

Saw Looper. Thought it was really good. And it all made perfect sense to me, including
the bit where Bruce Willis' wife gets killed. First off this killing was clearly not premeditated. Secondly, while body-tagging makes getting away with murder difficult in the good old US of A there was no suggestion that this was also the case with citizens of other countries, not least one so highly-populated as China. In fact in the interim years, filled in in montage, don't we see JGL/Willis carrying out old skool gangland hits on people of Oriental stock?

Saw Looper. Thought it was really good. And it all made perfect sense to me, including
the bit where Bruce Willis' wife gets killed. First off this killing was clearly not premeditated. Secondly, while body-tagging makes getting away with murder difficult in the good old US of A there was no suggestion that this was also the case with citizens of other countries, not least one so highly-populated as China. In fact in the interim years, filled in in montage, don't we see JGL/Willis carrying out old skool gangland hits on people of Oriental stock?

Yep, good analysis.

Ah yes but it's also clear that Willis and he new motherfucker in charge just don't give a fuck yo!!

Ah yes but it's also clear that Willis and he new motherfucker in charge just don't give a fuck yo!!

Um yes, but the guys coming to capture him would probably not be so careless with his wife if they didn't feel beyond the reach of the law.

On a totally different matter that must have been some lay for young Joe to be turning a gun on himself just a short time after selling out his best friend for money.

Crazy Heart. Bit meh, didnt make farting around america playing gigs in bowling alleys look that bad. Getting off the booze looks like a piece of piss too.

It was helped by having the worlds greatest and most handsome actor pop up as the country music upstart Tommy Sweet.

crazy_heart2.jpg

images

Melancholia
This was way too long for a start. Also I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when a movie about depression turns out to be, well, depressing but fuck it was tough at times. Looks amazing buh
Melancholia-Von-Trier.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back