What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

6a01053593a874970c0148c866e627970c-200wi

i wasn't that taken with zombieland, it was neither funny nor scary, the great cameo partially redeemed it. true grit is excellent and burn after reading is not as bad as some people make out - it's better the second time around

The_Escapist_2008.jpg

Really enjoyable prison flick with a clever dual narrative device and nice ending.

The Kilmainham setting look really ominous however WWE superstar Sheamus didn't.....

Closer_movie_poster.jpg

Not many fans of it on here if I recall but I think it's great, really well written and acted, even The Blower's Daughter sits well in it.

Contagion_Poster.jpg

Scared the b'jaysus outta me and my hypochondriac ways.

Soderbergh is taking over Robert Altman's mantle as the king of the multiple plot stand film.

Attachments

• Contagion_Poster.jpg
    Contagion_Poster.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 105
Zombieland is the worst movie of the naughties

EDIT: Also, 30 Mins or Less is a pile of cack as well.

MV5BMTc4MDAxMjAzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTY3ODg3NQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

More proof of my recent brain damage as I really enjoyed this pretty cliched action pot boiler. A great script that insists every one says the phrase 'ex-SAS' every 10minutes. Dominic Purcells and Clive Owens facial hair need to be nominated for best supporting actors. Its also 'based' on a true story...I'm sorry me and my 4 cans of Druids missed this in the cinema.

Picture doesn't work what is it ?

I watched Stakeland
stake-land.jpg

Looks low budget (ish) and has all the hallmarks of indie film making so rather than running the horror gammut it sets our it's stall as a slow burning post apocolyptic medititation on loss depsperation, religion and hope......Oh and there's vampires. It's all the better for it really. Has fine performances and a tight script which never lacks for original ideas in spite of the fact that the it's basically a hybrid of three of the most cliched genres in existance (road, movie, vampires, post apocolypse) and the most importantly the director gets the tone right. Virtually every frame gets closer to the tension and desperation of Cormac McCarthys masterpiece "The Road" than the film adaption of "The Road" ever got. Some times it bites off more than it can chew and there's probably enough going on to make good TV series or trilogy but over all it's well worth seeing.

Though I doubt anyone here hasn't already seen it ages ago and is already thinking "yeah shut up Cattle you're late to the party as usual, and you're drunk you've ruined this episode of come dine with me again you giant prick.

mazin film - I have over the years purchased multiple copies of this film on VHS & DVD - Its like a sickness

mazin film - I have over the years purchased multiple copies of this film on VHS & DVD - Its like a sickness

I never managed to see it before, but 'twas on Sky Atlantic while I was doing some work so I tuned in. I think I might have to get it on dvd. Afterwards I did the stupid internet thing of looking up LaMotta, he's still alive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back