What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

Midnight in Paris

Amusing and pretty, with a 20s soundtrack. Nice way to spend a Sunday

View attachment 7324

I thought it was dire! Though I found Owen Wilson's character - though predictable - very enjoyable.

I thought it was dire! Though I found Owen Wilson's character - though predictable - very enjoyable.

SMALL SPOILER

Well I may have found it dire on another occasion, but it was just what I needed today. I'm a big fan of Owen Wilson, even though he plays the same character in every movie). I really liked Hemmingway and the cast of historical figures. And Marion Cotillard is very pretty.

Really enjoyed this. Some great, creepy scenes. It reminded me a lot of The Walking Dead, crossed with The Road but nastier

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Scariest thing about that movie is what Kelly McGillis looks like now.

I just watched that Creation Records documentary on BBC4. There's probably a thread for it. What a pile of shite!

Shit. This is in the cinema?

cough* no* cough, release date was may, don't know if it even hit the cinema.

Earlier
The Exterminator/ Maniac cop double bill

6/10 Exterminator, action was good, but long dragging parts through out.
8.5/10 maniac cop, sure there were plot holes you could drive a truck through, but over all way better film of the two.

phenomena.jpg

Most confused film I've ever seen. Absolutely awful, surprisingly since I love Argento. That said I absolutely loved it!

Contagion.

Gweneth getting sliced up so close to the start was a bonus.
And old couple walked out a couple of minutes in during the autopsy when they showed her scalp being folded down over her face

Done with Soderbergh's usual good taste.
....But somehow detached - I never really gave a shit about any of the characters.

I like the way he moved along so quickly - months are skipped in a very quick cut.

Bula Boss to Jude Law for not being afraid to look like a complete sleaze.

The Marillon Cotillard kidnap sub-plot was a bit random

The Dead - part of the IFI Horrorthon
Weirdest thing I've seen in a while - zombie apocalypse set in West Africa ... Starts out in a very tough, original and fresh way - I was really feeling like I was onto a winner - devolves into something like a made-for-the-Sci-Fi-channel movie meets low-rent Nollywood via Peter Gabriel's insane half-brother. Good fun though - the whole audience laughed at the most inappropriate times. Also it was very long.

Source Code - Decent thriller, with a simple but effective Groundhog Day type setup of repeating one sequence over and over and exploring the different possibilities each time.. Jake Gyllenhaal is good in it (I didn't recognise him, having not seen anything he's been in since Donnie Darko). It gets very sentimental during the last half hour, the ending is totally preposterous and the science fiction aspect of it has huge holes in it when you think about it, but I mostly enjoyed it anyway.
The 8-minute simulation is derived from the extracted memory or 'brain waves' of the guy whose body he inhabits, so how does it somehow contain information that would have been completely unknown to that guy, like where the bomb was or what was happening outside in the station the train stops at? Are they saying that our brainwaves contain a record of the entire state of the local universe around us at any time? I would have gone along with it more if they'd said they were somehow teleporting his consciousness into an alternate timeline.. which might also make the ending slightly more acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back