What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

nice claustrophobic little three hander. shades of polanski and straw dogs. genuinely gripping for the most part
retreat-review.jpg

magadheera-movie-posters-3.jpg

MAGADHEERA. Telugu film about reincarnation and love triangles (I find my tolerance for this kind of thing is much higher with Indian films) and violence etc.

Most of ye probably have no interest in watching three hours of Indian filmatism, but just watch the ending here. It involves a helicopter and dismemberment.

I finally got around to watching the 2004 "Phantom of the Opera" and wish I hadn't bothered. An excellent musical butchered by talentless amateurs who can almost sing and almost act but certainly can't do both at once. Minnie Driver was about the best of a bad lot, helped by the fact that her character is not supposed to be able to sing or act!

I think I'll listen to the Original Cast Recording tonight to wash the memory of Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum's shitness away.

Oh, should say that Patrick Wilson, who played Raul was pretty decent (but he had prior Broadway experience so that makes sense).

I finally got around to watching the 2004 "Phantom of the Opera" and wish I hadn't bothered. An excellent musical butchered by talentless amateurs who can almost sing and almost act but certainly can't do both at once. Minnie Driver was about the best of a bad lot, helped by the fact that her character is not supposed to be able to sing or act!

I think I'll listen to the Original Cast Recording tonight to wash the memory of Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum's shitness away.

Oh, should say that Patrick Wilson, who played Raul was pretty decent (but he had prior Broadway experience so that makes sense).

Gerard Butler? Hahaha

I like Patrick Wilson in everything.

He was woeful! Then again, I think he is woeful in everything I've seen him in.

Apparently Hugh Jackman was offered first refusal for the role of the Phantom but was already committed to Van Helsing... resulting in two misguided fails.

Jackman might have been better. He's starting a solo Broadway run soon.

Just, ehm, singing and dancing. You know, like straight guys do.

Really enjoyed this. Some great, creepy scenes. It reminded me a lot of The Walking Dead, crossed with The Road but nastier

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back