What movie did you watch last night? (23 Viewers)

odd film. not going to say more than that as it's best to see this one without knowing much about it. can't say whether i liked it or not. it was well acted but very uneven
kill-list-comp-2.jpg

I saw that yesterday too (I was the only one in The Screen for it), the acting was great, it was really intense and the use of violence / dark humour was worked well all the way through then **that** happened and after it I wasn't too sure.... Definitely recommended though!!

Not really too much you can say without ruining it although I did think it would go that way as there are quite a few hints towards it.

the acting was superb throughout and
i still can't get that scene where he opens that guy's head up with a lump hammer out of my head but overall it was half baked. too many unanswered questions. what was the reason for the list in the first place? who were the cult? what did they have to do with the old dudes? why did they orchestrate this bollocks? was it intentionally to fuck with Jay? did i miss huge bits where they explained all this? the director has promise but he should probably stick to one genre next time. the sudden lurch into Wicker Man style horror had me laughing more than scared

there's no plot and sellar's indian character is pretty dubious by to today's standards but this is a charming enough film
the-party-.jpg

my girlfriend and her flatmates have a thing for james spader so i was forced to endure this. unwatchable. we turned it off about 20 minutes in. eric stoltz is a smug creep
51XG1ZQNZXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

great, atmospheric folk horror film. brilliantly shot
the-blood-on-satans-claw-movie-poster1.jpg

Possession by Andrzej Zulawski, with Isabelle Adjani and Sam Neill. absolutely bonkers horror/domestic drama/political thriller/apocalyptic fantasy. this must have been exhausting to film for the lead actors, all three of whom are very good in it. it's a grueling watch. i can't post a pic for some reason so here's the trailer
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Possession by Andrzej Zulawski, with Isabelle Adjani and Sam Neill. absolutely bonkers horror/domestic drama/political thriller/apocalyptic fantasy. this must have been exhausting to film for the lead actors, all three of whom are very good in it. it's a grueling watch. i can't post a pic for some reason so here's the trailer

Savage film, best seen without having any idea what it's about really. Some Cage-worthy mega-acting in this.

71Y7590PHZL._SL500_AA300_.gif

Not Peckinpah's best movie by any stretch but still a fun watch. Caan and Duvall are great to watch and are given some excellent lines. Its cool to see Burt Young beat up some ninjas too.

there's no plot and sellar's indian character is pretty dubious by to today's standards but this is a charming enough film
the-party-.jpg

"charming" enough??

Its one of the funniest films ever made. It falls apart toward the end, but jesus its comedy gold. Birdie num num. Howdy pard-en-er. The chicken in the hair. The retractible bar. The drunk butler. Amazing.

In case ye haven't seen it, short film with Brendan Gleeson by Martin McDonagh here:

In case ye haven't seen it, short film with Brendan Gleeson by Martin McDonagh here:

yeah seen that. pretty great. only talking to WashingCattle on saturday about it. kid's accent is weird but sure aren't plenty of peoples?

Saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy there. Pretty good, not as amazing as that Russian spy one that was out last year though. Fuck, can anyone remember the name of that one actually? It was on in the IFI. Class film about this innocent engineer dude living in Moscow that ends up spying for the CIA.

Savage film, best seen without having any idea what it's about really. Some Cage-worthy mega-acting in this.

One of Mark Kermode's favourite films, he kept referencing it when he was reviewing Antichrist a while back and advised everyone to check that out instead.

I really wanted to see it but couldn't find it anywhere.

One of Mark Kermode's favourite films, he kept referencing it when he was reviewing Antichrist a while back and advised everyone to check that out instead.

I really wanted to see it but couldn't find it anywhere.
get the Japanese copy if you can. they cut 40 minutes for the US release and it's supposed to completely incomprehensible

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back