What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

I watched The Trip recently, which I mistakenly assumed was a comedy rather than a rather morose and blackly humourous self-examination by Steve Coogan. Still good though.

Also watched X-Men: Last Stand and X-Men: First Class and will probably watch that Origin os Wolverine film before the week is out. They are all disappointling a shit though watchable. Considering how much great fodder comic book movies have to work with, you think they would pick one great stroy lienrather than hodge-podge a load of different ones and then some made up, unsuitable bits into it. Sigh.

Also this

drive-latest-movie-poster.jpg

Very stylish and intermittently very violent. Nicholas Wingding (sp?) has an obvious hard-on for Michael Mann.

I didn't buy all of it, the relationship with Gosling and Mulligan in particular.
But it has Oscar Isaac in it and Albert Brooks is fucking brilliant.

Actually might go see it again.

I just don't buy Ryan Gosling as a person.

Probably just as well, there's laws against that sort of thing.

03slid5.jpg

Amitabh Bachchan out for revenge against the goonda who killed his father when he was a kid. The lad who plays young Bachchan does some righteous work also, some goondas are disrespectful to his mother so he blows up their petrol station.

Kill List - Loved how it got all sorta Wicker Man. Also the Northern Irish guy is one of the best actors in the world. He is a total fucking legend for all his actual Nordie phrases. Michael Smiley, that's it. Check out that film Outpost he was in too, totally amazing nazi zombie film, one of the best horror films of the last 5 years actually.

Good old fashioned horror.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back