What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Tree Of Life is amazing. I liked Thin Red Line though.

I really liked Thin Red Line and most of Tree of Life.

Was on the verge of going to Days of Heaven in the IFI a few weeks ago. Was at the door and all, when I got a phone call reminding me I had to be somewhere else. I've heard good things - is it worth a look?

Days of Heaven.jpg

I really liked Thin Red Line and most of Tree of Life.

Was on the verge of going to Days of Heaven in the IFI a few weeks ago. Was at the door and all, when I got a phone call reminding me I had to be somewhere else. I've heard good things - is it worth a look?

View attachment 7266
zomg, it's amazing, you missed out big time. seriously one of the best films ever made

Went on one of my twice yearly trips to the cinema this evening to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I thought it was great although as is the case with films generally I'm not sure I got what was happening

THE THING IS ON TONIGHT IN SCREEN CINEMA! Maybe I'll just sit here, see what happens.

I saw Drive at the weekend there. In most respects, it was really good - great film in general. There were just a couple of niggling things that annoyed me and let it down a bit, but good stuff for sure. I loved all the blood and stuff everywhere, haha.

Drive. Excellent. Brilliantly assembled cast, great score and a surprisingly sweet love story amidst all the head smashing carnage and zen cool.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

one of the people i was with also walked out after about an hour and i could actually feel my eyelids drooping myself during some of the party scenes but it really shifts gear in the second hour

the first hour was a chore but it got really intense in the second hour, i was glued to my seat
When a movie is sold as an apocalyptic planet-smasher I expect a bit more first-hour astronomical activity than Kiefer Sutherland identifying a star. The opening sequence was nice though.

When a movie is sold as an apocalyptic planet-smasher I expect a bit more first-hour astronomical activity than Kiefer Sutherland identifying a star. The opening sequence was nice though.

Was this some marketing job by the same people who tried to make Valhalla Rising look like a 300esque action film?

bossnigger.jpg

Not a classic of either the blaxploitation or western genre, but it does have Fred the Hammer Williamson and D'Urville Martin (director and Willie Green in Dolemite), and that old guy who always plays some representation of the Man. And for some reason most of the score seems to be instrumental versions of Boney M's Sonny (although possibly this was floating around before Boney M, I'm not sure). Decent enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back