What movie did you watch last night? (25 Viewers)

A Dark Song. I loved it. Intriguing idea , great performances. Creepy as hell. Nice unexpected ending.

Bray looking well dressed up as Wales.

I'll be buying this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We watched a fit of some bollox in Netflix. What The Health. It get it, it was a "doco" promoting the health benefits of going veggie but its approach was awful and it had to be turned off.

Straw Dogs. Never seen it before. Fucking hell that was intense. The siege is one of the most gruelling sequences I've ever seen in a film. Must've blown people's minds in 1971. It's tough going even by today's standards. Scarier than 95% of the horror movies released today.
The only movie I've ever had to turn off for reasons other than it being absolutely dreadful.

We were going to watch the last episode of Fargo but ended up watching this for some reason. It wasn't the worst actually, more like a Wednesday movie really.
Blended_%282014%29_Poster.jpg
I got a mad craving for the Wedding Singer for some reason over the weekend but amazingly couldn't find a stream of it, so reverted back to Netflix. Ended up watching a doc called Command and Control about a near miss with a nuclear warhead at a military silo in Arkansas, 1980. Really good, although the absolute opposite of what I was aiming for.

blah blah Hot Fuzz blah blah Worlds end blah blah Schindlers List blah blah shaun of the dead .

weirdly enough I also watched all of these recently. Agree with you pretty much all of it, Worlds End is fuppin awful after a pretty good start, the other two are good fun though.

I rewatched Schindlers List after quoting this at someone

3 and a half hours from a 5 second joke.

have you ever sat down and watched Shoah? 9 hours long, the director called Schindlers List a "kitschy melodrama" LOL

Enjoyable classic sci-fi flick. Lots of iconic moments that often turn up in The Simpsons and Family Guy and the like. I don't think Charlton Heston would have enjoyed watching the Woodstock movie as much as his Neville character did. Cool 70s soundtrack too.

Enjoyable classic sci-fi flick. Lots of iconic moments that often turn up in The Simpsons and Family Guy and the like. I don't think Charlton Heston would have enjoyed watching the Woodstock movie as much as his Neville character did. Cool 70s soundtrack too.

I only saw this was over an hour into it, so missed it on +1. I've never seen this, I've read the book and saw the remake.

I only saw this was over an hour into it, so missed it on +1. I've never seen this, I've read the book and saw the remake.
I've read it and seen the Will Smith remake . I've also read, about 25 years ago the rather good graphic novel which reminds me I have to get another copy. I still haven't seen this Vincent Price version though. Will try to during the week:

I've read it and seen the Will Smith remake . I've also read, about 25 years ago the rather good graphic novel which reminds me I have to get another copy. I still haven't seen this Vincent Price version though. Will try to during the week:

I never even knew about the Vincent Price version. Or the graphic novel.

41igqM95WwL.jpg

Dreamchild

Insane 80's Dennis Potter film about the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll with some Jim Henson muppets and a weak romance plot set in the 1930's thrown in for good measure.

94155_full.jpg

Leaves you very uncomfortable by the end but treats the whole probably-not-sordid-but-still-WTF affair with the confused ambiguity that it probably deserves.

I also get the impression they blew their entire budget on the muppets and hiring 800 extras for the final scene because the rest of it looks like it cost about 20 quid to make.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back