What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Do not get the Edgar Wright wankfest. Can someone explain the appeal of his films to me? I thought they were all rubbish. Like bad comedy sketches stretched out to feature length.

I like his stuff but a lot of his best things are based on the concept of "I've seen loads of better (genre) movies than the ones I make, I'm gonna nick loads of bits and stick them in mine."[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Just watched Okja on Netflix. A young Korean girl attempts to rescue her pet mutated pig from an evil corporation who want to do experiments on it. Moments of pure cinematic joy offset by some weird, grating, purposefully bad performances by the American/British cast. When it's good it's superb though. The young one and the pig are ace.

Just watched Okja on Netflix. A young Korean girl attempts to rescue her pet mutated pig from an evil corporation who want to do experiments on it. Moments of pure cinematic joy offset by some weird, grating, purposefully bad performances by the American/British cast. When it's good it's superb though. The young one and the pig are ace.

Greatest review ever

thumbnail_25476.jpg

Brillo! I cried when the zords combined into Megazord!

Watching The Lost City of Z. It's being talked about as some kind of modern day classic but I'm finding it overblown and portentous in the same way The Revenant was. There's even a badly CGI'd piranha attack and I think it's commonly accepted that piranha attacks are rare and hardly ever fatal so fuck these guys.

Straw Dogs. Never seen it before. Fucking hell that was intense. The siege is one of the most gruelling sequences I've ever seen in a film. Must've blown people's minds in 1971. It's tough going even by today's standards. Scarier than 95% of the horror movies released today.

We were going to watch the last episode of Fargo but ended up watching this for some reason. It wasn't the worst actually, more like a Wednesday movie really.
Blended_%282014%29_Poster.jpg

I'm working my way through Edgar Wright's films because I'm going to see Baby Driver in the week. Tonight was The Worlds End. Again far too long and runs out of steam long before the end. The first half is quite enjoyable with the middle aged lads going on the piss. As soon as the big reveal happens it goes a bit meh. 2.5/5. I preferred Hot Fuzz. Probably do Shaun of the Dead next. Really not looking forward to Scott Pilgrim. Remember hating it when it came out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back