What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

The Devils – Batshit groovy 70s icky sex horror from Ken Russell. Another early 70s classic I hadn’t seen. Silly but good craic. Ollie Reed is the absolute boy.

Twentynine Palms – Psychological thriller about an arsehole photographer scouting desert locations in California with his Russian girlfriend. Neither of them speak the other’s language and they just fight, have sex and eat for 2 hours. Nothing much happens for most of the film then it has one of the most WTF? endings I’ve ever seen. Apparently the director, Bruno Dumont, is some kind of provocateur so I am going to check out more of his work.

The Prestige – I think this is one of Chris Nolan’s better works but I’m not really a fan. At least this one has a sense of fun about it.

Heli – Devastating Mexican drama about a law abiding citizen whose life goes to complete shit when his sister’s boyfriend steals a load of cocaine from a corrupt army general and hides it in their gaff. Extremely grim but compelling.

Nocturnal Animals – Repeat viewing for this. My opinion on this hasn’t changed since my first viewing. Parts of it are really well done, the hillbilly thriller story is gripping and well played, but the real world scenes are boring and fake and those characters are shit.

Nocturnal Animals – Repeat viewing for this. My opinion on this hasn’t changed since my first viewing. Parts of it are really well done, the hillbilly thriller story is gripping and well played, but the real world scenes are boring and fake and those characters are shit.

With you 100% on this.

Even the good bits of Nocturnal Animals felt a bit like an exercise in cruelty to me. The rest was just rich people worrying about the rabble coming for them. Good! They should be afraid.

Watched the first half of Wonder Woman. Was alright. Won't be long soon before there's an AI algorithm where you just feed footage of actors flailing about in front of a green-screen into a machine and it spits out one of these films in 20 seconds. We're all fucked basically.

Watched the assassination of jesse james again over the last 3 nights. If I am not in the mood this seems so overwrought and silly, but when I am in the mood I love it completely.

But, one thing always sticks out. When Dick Liddle mets up with the saucy minx in the late night privy for a bit of how's-your-father, I can't get over how much it must stink of shit in there. Gross.

Watched the first half of Wonder Woman. Was alright. Won't be long soon before there's an AI algorithm where you just feed footage of actors flailing about in front of a green-screen into a machine and it spits out one of these films in 20 seconds. We're all fucked basically.

i thought it was quite good....

Finally saw Wonder Woman.

My god. So bad.

On every level.

Well, some lovely thighs and arms and shoulders in fairness.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back