What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

Really enjoyed it. Funniest superhero film in a long time. Only bugbear was the overuse of greenscreen/digital effects. Almost makes you long for the days of Honey I Shrunk The Kids! Other than that I can’t really fault it.

Oh yeah, I should have included my opinion on it. I enjoyed it a lot, villain a bit hammy but otherwise good. Much better than the new Avengers film.

Related to something I've probably said about the second Captain America film (and stealing from the half in the bag review), neither of them are what I'd primarily classify as superhero movies, Winter Soldier is a spy movie, that has superheroes, and Ant man is a heist movie, that has superheroes.

Bummer, I'll avoid that. The bio that used to be on sweet addy was probably the best thing written on him.

I watched the Man Who's Mind Exploded at the weekend. Oddly relaxing. I enjoyed it.

Recorded From Dusk till Dawn last night. Sex Machine.
I'm recording When A Woman Ascends the Stairs on Film 4 tonight. 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes is usually worth a go.

Kingsman, tremendously silly fun, and it looked pretty great throughout, though I particularly enjoyed the main CGI sequence towards the end, where they'd patently run out of money and seemed to make it as deliberately terrible as possible. The bit with...the fireworks

Had been totally unaware of this movie, and gave it a quick check on wikipedia after, has already grossed over $400 million, mental.

You're Ugly Too - Bit of a shoulder shrugger, nice enough but very low key. You initially think it's going for the charming indie comedy thing but it tries to delve into a few weightier issues. I might be a bit Aiden Gillen-d out but I didn't really buy him as somebody going through the emotional wringer that his character must have been going through...
i.e. with his sister having died a few weeks earlier and with him desperate not to go back into prison
...the character seemed bored more than anything. He has some nice moments interacting with the young girl as things start to get more serious, it's all a little bit slight though.

Maggie, the Arnie zombie film. Kind of the opposite of what you'd think an Arnie zombie film would entail. Really downbeat and stuff, and pretty good too. Still spent the whole time watching it making Arnold noises in my head, EAEUGHEAUHGEAHUGEHAAGAEUHEAGUHEAGUHEAUHGEAU

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back