What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

I thought Foxcatcher was incredible. Saw it last night. I had a few light ales after it, so I'm finding it hard to put my thoughts into actual sentences. I thought Mark Ruffalo was the stand-out performance though.

lots of long lingering shots of the 3 lads faces doing expressions.

I thought that help with the awkwardness of yer man.

Saw this lastnight

ida.jpg

no wait

this

ida-262x350.jpg

I enjoyed it. I sort of wish i'd found it on late night tv by accident.

I thought Mark Ruffalo was the stand-out performance though.

There were just a few bits here and there where he did something and I just thought, "he is way more talented than the other 2."

I will say this for it, I've never wrestled but I did Judo for years and the 2 are broadly similar. Looking at some of the mid-long shots of Channing Tatum I could have sworn I was looking at a guy I used to train with who competed at a decent competitive level. He had the posture/movements/body shape of someone who does a grappling sport down pat.

I thought Foxcatcher was incredible. Saw it last night. I had a few light ales after it, so I'm finding it hard to put my thoughts into actual sentences. I thought Mark Ruffalo was the stand-out performance though.

its not in the movie, but i read on wiki that foxcatcher was buried in his wrestling singlet.

NNNNNNNNggggggGGGGGG

Went to see Enemy. Great look, great mood, unbearably tense, very disquieting film. Did I enjoy it? fuck knows. The final shot? nuttier than squirrel shit.

I'm very much on team foxcatcher.

I thought it was incredible, actually, the pacing, the photography it was all beautiful. I was the only one of three of us that knew the story, and I spent the entire movie in a state of heightened anxiety.

Its so long, but even though I was aware of the time passing (as in, it wasn't one of those, but time flew! kind of movies), I think the length, the waiting, the prolonged silences and shots just added to the palpable tension.

Also, all performances were incredible. I don't really get the oscar baiting critique, I think the performances were actually a lot more understated and nuanced than all of that. Channing Tatum kind of was a weird one for me. I think he did incredibly well in the roll but I also don't really think he's a great actor at all. I think his role was actually the easiest of the three, so he pulled it off well, but I'm like.. ah yeah. \\~*Mark Ruffalo*~// however, his role was a lot more difficult to play, and as always he knocked me out. Steve Carrell too.

Anyway, yeah loved Foxcatcher. Total horror movie, I was so unnerved by the entire thing and didn't sleep well for thinking about it.

Speaking of talking in cinemas, not long ago I went to see Nebraska in the Screen. You wouldn't think there'd be trouble there, right? But I actually had to ask an elderly gent and his lady friend, who was clearly very pissed, to keep it down as they were talking really loud through it and pissing everyone off. They told me to fuck off!

So I got the usher, who wasn't much use but anyway they piped down a bit after that, although I could hear him muttering things like "I'm gonna get him", and "That cunt!", which wasn't much fun for my friend who I was with, who probably thought I was just trying to stir shit as usual. As we were leaving I saw him shaking his fist at me.

Then outside, he accosted me. Mad thing was, he was a well-spoken, educated guy. He mostly took umbrage at me thinking I was more appreciative of film than he, and at me "crossing the aisle" to accost him and his lady friend. He wanted to fight me! I politely declined and left with him shouting to me "How dare you cross the aisle! How dare you cross the aisle!" after me.

Speaking of talking in cinemas, not long ago I went to see Nebraska in the Screen. You wouldn't think there'd be trouble there, right? But I actually had to ask an elderly gent and his lady friend, who was clearly very pissed, to keep it down as they were talking really loud through it and pissing everyone off. They told me to fuck off!

So I got the usher, who wasn't much use but anyway they piped down a bit after that, although I could hear him muttering things like "I'm gonna get him", and "That cunt!", which wasn't much fun for my friend who I was with, who probably thought I was just trying to stir shit as usual. As we were leaving I saw him shaking his fist at me.

Then outside, he accosted me. Mad thing was, he was a well-spoken, educated guy. He mostly took umbrage at me thinking I was more appreciative of film than he, and at me "crossing the aisle" to accost him and his lady friend. He wanted to fight me! I politely declined and left with him shouting to me "How dare you cross the aisle! How dare you cross the aisle!" after me.

Actually....come to think of it, @nooly and @johnnystress, it wasn't yerselves by any chance, was it?!! :eek:

Yep

had to watch a youtube thing straight after explaining all the symbolism etc

cleared it up loads but am still puzzled

liked it, didn't love it
Yeah it was certainly an interesting watch, and was on my mind for a day or two after.
Have you a link for that youtube thing Mike?

Yeah it was certainly an interesting watch, and was on my mind for a day or two after.
Have you a link for that youtube thing Mike?

Here you go Dez. It's grand, I think the guy might be wrong about a coupe of things though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back