What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

I saw that yesterday too, Penn was outstanding but the whole film left me a bit cold.

Also saw AvP, holy shit it's awful, spent most of it thinking "Thandie Newton's accent is quite good" only to discover that it wasn't Thandie Newton.

Tonight it's Shaoulin Soccer.

avernus said:
The Assassination of Richard Nixon - excellent. very depressing and disturbing, and very real life. Sean Penn is just outstanding. I only sort of wish they wouldnt make movies about pyschos like that, people who want notoriety like Mark Chapman etc. its sort of encouraging it in a way.

Yeah, but this dude didn't get any notoriety from it. I'd never heard of him until I heard about the film. It's not like they made a hero out of him. I found myself feeling sorry for him as his life was so sad and pathetic.

So did I to a degree, I was talking about it to a friend of mine aftrwards and I said something like "he was trying to be a moral man in an immoral world and what really got to him was that even he wasn't able to live up to the standards that he set for other people".

I then said "Jesus I must have sounded like a wanker there".

To which he replied "yep".

Last night, i watched Lost Highway. Well, to be honest, half of Lost Hghway coz i was wrecked. Forgot how dark it was, in tone and in lighting. I always get the impression that a lot of people don't really like it but it's definately one of my fave David Lynch films!

watched layer cake. surprisingly good actually, and zzzzzienna miller is only in it for approx 5 mins, which was good.

hup'ourra'dah!
I tried to watch this about a week ago. SUPRISINGLY BAD! watched 45 minutes of it. so bad.
kirstie said:
watched layer cake. surprisingly good actually, and zzzzzienna miller is only in it for approx 5 mins, which was good.

Ah it was grand, if a tad confusing. Also Daniel Craig = totally watchable lash. I was expecting it to be a big pile of Snatch type shite so I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.

I mean the actors worked hard Fancy, gotta give them some credit, ha ha!

FancyGoods said:
hup'ourra'dah!
I tried to watch this about a week ago. SUPRISINGLY BAD! watched 45 minutes of it. so bad.

I just saw that film Sahara.
Somehow, SOMEHOW, it wasn't shit! Like the plot and script are pretty shit alright, but the film overall is a pretty good laugh. The director is a fuckin genius, to make that film and not have it being completely shit takes talent! It is actually really well-directed, loads of nice action scenes and stuff that somehow just manage to avoid being cliched even though they should be.
I came away from the cinema wondering how the fuck the film wasn't shit. Really!

not necessarilly a movie, but movie length... watched the first episode of G.B.H. last night, an english TV drama series written by alan beadsdale and starring michael palin. wonderful, thought-provoking stuff.

Cormcolash said:
I just saw that film Sahara.
Somehow, SOMEHOW, it wasn't shit! Like the plot and script are pretty shit alright, but the film overall is a pretty good laugh. The director is a fuckin genius, to make that film and not have it being completely shit takes talent! It is actually really well-directed, loads of nice action scenes and stuff that somehow just manage to avoid being cliched even though they should be.
I came away from the cinema wondering how the fuck the film wasn't shit. Really!
cormcolash said:
that gawdawful movie 'sahara'
still not going to it, buh.

anyway, 10 days left before the world gets destroyed to build a intergalactic hyperspace bypass. fuck, just realised, i'll be away, have to catch it on the 3rd.

Went to see Bullet Boy. Not amazing really. Was a cross between this great documentary I saw on BBC4 a while ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/bad-boy.shtml
and the stupid cliched "urban" character Juley from Eastenders. And the soundtrack was lacking any decent grime music. Tsk.

I was more entertained at some Dad who smuggled his young kids (looked about 10 - 12 years old) into the cinema then herded them out very quickly when the fucking started. Films have ratings for a reason, dude.

Last night i had the pleasure of watching The Butterfly Effect. Twas waaaaaay better than i expected, especially Ashton Kutcher's acting! I was expecting a keanu-esque performance but he actually is quite good in it. The different outcomes were pretty interesting, and you could see why the would turn out that way (if you've seen the film, you know what i mean). Also, the mood of the film was a lot darker than i thought it would be, which was cool.

What did everyone else think of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back