What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

ratmonkey said:
Saw this last night, nowhere near as good as Hero.

i saw it last night too. SHITE. hero was SHITE as well. fucksake. dying for your country. what a crock.

luckily this should be arriving in the post very soon...

A%20touch%20of%20zen.jpg

a_touch_of_zen01.jpg

sweet

plus jackie chan is in it.

"Miss Yang is past twenty and single, too. You should marry her! You two are a perfect match! She has no other friends and you're a lonely nut!"

hanley said:
watched "dont be a menace to south central while drinikin your juice in the hood" the other night,
great film
yeah, good larfz.

last night the on moron box: full. metal. jacket.

'nuff said. .|..|

tg4 keeps going up and up and up in my respect-o-meter. good documentaries and canny film choices. and "paisean faisean". heheh, love that shit.

btw has anyone noticed rté are doing some kind of I dunno, revivalist 90's blaxploitation season or something? there was some terrible movie with chris rock last week. last night:

24-105.jpg

plug said:
tg4 keeps going up and up and up in my respect-o-meter. good documentaries and canny film choices. and "paisean faisean". heheh, love that shit.

They've Mad Max 2 tonight. Not as good as the first one, but much better than the third.

nunsploitation.. truly one of the greatest words in the english language :)

ratmonkey said:
They've Mad Max 2 tonight. Not as good as the first one, but much better than the third.

never seen it! and I'm not gonna tonite either cos it's paddy's day tomorrow and I'm going out getting FUCKED UP tonight. yeeahhh!!! !ninjaaaa

...okay, I'm going for a few quiet pints after work

broken arm said:
last night i watched

Turtles Can Fly

Iran/Iraq/2004/95 mins/subtitled/15. Dir: Bahman Ghobadi.

Set in the frozen mud of a refugee camp on the Iraq border on the eve of the war, this tells of the day-to-day realities of the camp kids and their incredible ability to survive in the most horrific conditions. As war comes, Saddam falls, and the Americans arrive in a blizzard of promises, for the children the daily struggle for survival continues. Following his acclaimed A Time For Drunken Horses and Marooned in Iraq, Ghobadi has fashioned another tough but deeply affecting picture of the innocent victims of war.

Winner Golden Shell for Best Film San Sebastian International Film Festival, 2004

What did you think of this? I thought it was great.

ratmonkey said:

Mad Max 2 is amazing. Lots of people say it's better than the first, but I agree with you in this case, the first is a proper film, whereas the second is ridiculous, funny, but class all the same. Plus the second one has Vernon "Oi can kill you John! Oi dan't need the gan! OI'M GONNA KILL YOU NNAAAAOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" Wells in it.

Bernard it's good that you realise that Hero is shite. I expect the House of Whatever the fuck to be shite too. Arty crap for the sake of arty crap if you ask me. They are nowhere near as good as the Two Flying Daggers, that's for sure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108112...gRGFnZ2Vyc3xodG1sPTF8bm09b24_;fc=1;ft=20;fm=1

Fuckin hilarious film, also has one of the best villians ever in it.

Fire Down Below was on Channel 5 tonight. Not only that, but at the exact same time and only one click of my cable remote away, Under Seige was on BBC 3! Brilliant, watched Fire Down Below mainly and switched over for some of the funnier bits in Under Seige. Fuck sake Colm Meaney is beyond ridiculous in that film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back