What movie did you watch last night? (18 Viewers)

Killing Me Softly

the comments below might spoil it for someone wanting to watch it (its only expression of opinions, not letting the plot slip or anything like that)

the idea behind the movie seems decent enough, if nothing necessarily new. But they needed t flesh it out a bit more, rather than pad it out by throwing big name actors, and nonsense dialog into it. The good bits were good but there was so much wrong with it that I have to say that overall this was a big disappointment. It possibly would have been a great episode of some TV show if it was 40 minutes long. But it doesn't work as a movie. Sorry

Moonrise Kingdom..highly over rated with a score of 8.2 on IMDB.Basically shite

On the other hand..Prometheus which I watched beforehand was very enjoyable.Although I'm a bit non plussed by Ridley Scotts shtick these days.

Specifically,the whole alien jumping out of ya malarky..overplayed at this stage

'The Master' - P.T. Anderson's new film just opened this weekend over here, with Joaquin Phoenix playing a jittery World War 2 navy vet who drifts around aimlessly after the end of the war, and Philip Seymour Hoffman as a guy styled heavily on L Ron Hubbard who runs a cult-like organisation based around his quasi-mystical self-help books. The first 90 minutes or so is powerful stuff with excellent performances all round, beautiful cinematography and convincing period detail, but the narrative structure felt flawed, the intensity seems to dissipate somewhere around the halfway mark and it kind of dribbles to an unsatisfactory close. Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams in particular are brilliant in it though.

Killing Me Softly

the comments below might spoil it for someone wanting to watch it (its only expression of opinions, not letting the plot slip or anything like that)

the idea behind the movie seems decent enough, if nothing necessarily new. But they needed t flesh it out a bit more, rather than pad it out by throwing big name actors, and nonsense dialog into it. The good bits were good but there was so much wrong with it that I have to say that overall this was a big disappointment. It possibly would have been a great episode of some TV show if it was 40 minutes long. But it doesn't work as a movie. Sorry

Saw this last night. Spot on with that assessment Scuts. Dunno why you spoilered it but anyway. The start is amazing, Ray Liotta is amazing, there are some great bits in it but overall very clunky dialogue, the spliced election footage is annoying and Brad Pitt's narcissism knows no bounds.

Haha, maybe we should spoiler the whole thread then. No essential plot details were revealed, if people don't want opinions they can stop reading.

Killing Them Softly.

I agree with scutter ;

Ray Liotta was great and there was a couple of cool visuals, but overall a bit of a let down.
And, I can't deal with ultra violence anymore either.

That said, there were several nice moments.. mostly involving these two lads

brad-pitt-richard-jenkins-killing-them-softly.jpg

I just didn't want to cause people to have any preconceptions. Let people make up their own mind kind of thing.

I don't think you need to spoiler an opinion of a film, as long as you're not revealing major plot points. What would be the point of watching films then? Surely one of the best things about films is discussing them with people afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back