What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Somersault: Cute Australian bird gets into all sorts of scrapes because she can't stop fucking everything that moves. Pretty, but boring. The entire thing looks like it was filmed with a Lomo.

THRILLHO said:
Somersault: Cute Australian bird gets into all sorts of scrapes because she can't stop fucking everything that moves. Pretty, but boring. The entire thing looks like it was filmed with a Lomo.
isn't that the one that won 2,491* film awards in australia? not so great then?

Super Dexta said:
isn't that the one that won 2,491* film awards in australia? not so great then?
It wasn't awful. The girl did a fantastic job of playing 'sensual girl-child', but there really wasn't much to the story. I guess it's winning a ton of awards in Australia because it's so different to the rest of the stuff they usually make (i.e. not a light-hearted comedy with Abba on the soundtrack).

nlgbbbblth said:
Abre Les Ojos - anyone like this. I prefer it to Vanilla Sky.

yeah I really want to see that - I liked Vanilla Sky, even though theres a few things I really didnt like about it. its that moment when he smirks and decides to get into the car with that psycho lizard faced bint that really gets me - its upsettingly too real life for me. a simple decision can ruin your life.

Super Dexta said:
monster and cube dvds arrived this morning
once i've got this poxy essay written i'm going home to collapse in bed and watch one of them. or both. yay.
so cube is fairly awful. good concept badly executed. the acting is the worst ever, and the script's not so hot either. some wonderfully gruesome special effects though. but not enough of them.
monster is deadly. i cried at the end. i didn't start to enjoy it till i got over how ugly charlize theron is in it though, and that took about half the film. definitely one to watch again though.

Super Dexta said:
so cube is fairly awful. good concept badly executed. the acting is the worst ever, and the script's not so hot either. some wonderfully gruesome special effects though. but not enough of them.
monster is deadly. i cried at the end. i didn't start to enjoy it till i got over how ugly charlize theron is in it though, and that took about half the film. definitely one to watch again though.

the best part of cube is where the guy gets er, 'cubed' at the start. haven't seen it in a long time but I agree with your synopsis. deadly idea for a flick, poorly executed. shame..​

plug said:

the best part of cube is where the guy gets er, 'cubed' at the start. haven't seen it in a long time but I agree with your synopsis. deadly idea for a flick, poorly executed. shame..​
yeah that bit's deadly. fans of the slicey lasery thingy in resident evil, take note. it's very much downhill from there on in though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back