What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

LA Confidential on the telly tonight

Have seen it a few times and it's still a great movie, with still one of the great death scenes, and still one of the worst Irish accents ever...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Population 436 starring Fred Durst. The hero is a census enumerator.

I meant to watch this actually,was it worth staying up for?
I watched this crock of shite tonight
maldvdb.jpg

Annoying characters,piss poor story,took ages to get nowhere really,too many unnecessarily perverse scenes that seemed to simply put in for some sort of shock value,they didn't really though,just made the directors come across as twisted pubescent boys.Abysmal in short,avoid like the plague.

I thought Be Kind Rewind had a lot to say about small comunities rather than anything about the digital future. But everything it had to say was already covered by about 500 other movies and Smoke, was about 5 million times better. Still that's me. I'm a prick.

No no no, Be kind Rewind is about our shared digital culture and about its commoditization, about whether we can build upon our culture or whether it is locked away by people who seek to monnetise everything we see and about the nature of truth in a digital world. the small community thing is peripheral.

Every good thing you can say about Be Kind, Rewind has to be coloured by the fact that it's a total fucking mess almost to the level of the Invention of Lying

No no no, Be kind Rewind is about our shared digital culture and about its commoditization, about whether we can build upon our culture or whether it is locked away by people who seek to monnetise everything we see and about the nature of truth in a digital world. the small community thing is peripheral.

Wonderful film and I agree with a lot of what you say.
I thought it was reminding us that just because our movie entertainment is produced top-down for us to passively consume, these things still connect with us, we still love them, and because of that connection, we own a part of them.
That it can be just as fun to recreate a scene from Ghostbusters with your friends as it can be to play 96 Tears with them in the garage.
It felt like Gondry was pulling the curtain away from the people, like you say, who have locked away movies and seek to monetise everything. If we feel them, we own them too, and there is joy and fun in that.
He's all about the joy and fun, our Michel.

Look at this guy. If you haven't seen it, I promise it's worth hanging around for the Laura Dern and Sam Neill bit.

And The Social Network was awesome.

i watched Limitless which is well made but a bit silly and Pontypool which is a clever and original take on the killer virus genre

Wonderful film and I agree with a lot of what you say.
I thought it was reminding us that just because our movie entertainment is produced top-down for us to passively consume, these things still connect with us, we still love them, and because of that connection, we own a part of them.
That it can be just as fun to recreate a scene from Ghostbusters with your friends as it can be to play 96 Tears with them in the garage.
It felt like Gondry was pulling the curtain away from the people, like you say, who have locked away movies and seek to monetise everything. If we feel them, we own them too, and there is joy and fun in that.
He's all about the joy and fun, our Michel.

Be that as it may, it's still a badly written mess of a film whose script reads like two different first drafts thrown together.

I meant to watch this actually,was it worth staying up for?

Well ... it was rubbish, it's got Fred Durst and the odd brother from 6 feet under playing an census enumerator in it ferchrissakes, but not offensivly terrible rubbish. It'll do for 2AM when you've no intention of going to bed.

SourceCode.jpg

I liked it (and the cheap Polish Lager too) - didn't need to be tidied up so much at the end..

BTW - I kinda liked Malefique - Pontypool was great too.

A big couch day due to drowsiness inducing painkillers so I watch some movies, all of which I had seen before for some reason.

Manhattan - thats just a really funny movie.

The Darjeeling Limited - I love Wes Anderson movies but even on repeat viewing this one is a bit too haphazard and flighty. Its still beautiful and funny in parts, great music, but its too disjointed, incoherent, frustrating.

L.A. Confidential - totally awesome.

Dogma - still funny in parts and irrelevantly, my dad loves this movie, despite the appearance of a shit monster in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back