What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

the-man-from-nowhere-poster5.jpg

THE MAN FROM NOWHERE, or Korean Taken. Dude goes on rampage after a kid gets kidnapped. It's very very good. Also, a cop drop kicks a guy in a wheelchair, and in Memories of Murder a cop was drop kicking people too. Must be part of the police training there.

mother-movie1.jpg

MOTHER. Korean film by Bong Joon-ho (who you may remember from such films as Memories of Murder, and if not check that out post haste because it's pretty amazing) about (spoiler) a mother (/spoiler) (Kim Hye-Ja, mainly in Korean soaps before this) trying to clear the name of her retarded son (Won Bin, the rampaging dude from the Man From Nowhere) who the not-particularly-interested-in-doing-any-investigating cops have pinned a murder on. Very good.

Note on the recent Korean trend I've noticed for drop kicks - there are two in this, both on a car, and neither by a cop.

71.jpg

I feel i may have suffered brain damage in the last few months because I'm enjoying junk like this way more than I should..Pity it wasn't on the big screen.

mother-movie1.jpg

MOTHER. Korean film by Bong Joon-ho (who you may remember from such films as Memories of Murder, and if not check that out post haste because it's pretty amazing) about (spoiler) a mother (/spoiler) (Kim Hye-Ja, mainly in Korean soaps before this) trying to clear the name of her retarded son (Won Bin, the rampaging dude from the Man From Nowhere) who the not-particularly-interested-in-doing-any-investigating cops have pinned a murder on. Very good.

Note on the recent Korean trend I've noticed for drop kicks - there are two in this, both on a car, and neither by a cop.

Drop-kicking a car?

I watched 'Hellraiser' and thought it was so bloody awful. I thought it was going to be amazing, but it was not.

dustdevil.jpg

DUST DEVIL. Richard Stanley (Hardware) film about a serial killer magician / demon in Namibia. Acting is a bit ropey at times, but the filmatism is otherwise excellent. I liked this a lot.

passion_Christ.jpg

Man dies and comes back to save everyone.

Conan-the-Barbarian1_poster.jpg

robocop.png

hobo-with-a-shotgun-teaser-1.jpg

.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
This is the shit. If you think a film called Hobo with a Shotgun with Rutger Hauer as said hobo sounds amazing, you'll love this.

norwegian-ninja-movie-poster-1020556001.jpg

Norwegian Ninja. It's grand. It's no Hobo with a Shotgun.

2006_the_painted_veil_wallpaper_004.jpg

This and Be Kind Rewind are the two films for the past few years that I can re-watch frequently.
Both have their flaws.
There is something a bit moralistic about this one, but there is still a believability in their relationship. And Tobey Jones is absolutely fantastic.
Be Kind Rewind has Jack Black, but it is still funny and sweet and has far more to say about our digital future than The Social Network has.

2006_the_painted_veil_wallpaper_004.jpg

This and Be Kind Rewind are the two films for the past few years that I can re-watch frequently.
Both have their flaws.
There is something a bit moralistic about this one, but there is still a believability in their relationship. And Tobey Jones is absolutely fantastic.
Be Kind Rewind has Jack Black, but it is still funny and sweet and has far more to say about our digital future than The Social Network has.

I thought Be Kind Rewind had a lot to say about small comunities rather than anything about the digital future. But everything it had to say was already covered by about 500 other movies and Smoke, was about 5 million times better. Still that's me. I'm a prick.

How_I_Ended_This_Summer.jpg

How I Ended This Summer

Gets boring when it thinks it's getting exciting. Goes on forever. Could have been great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back