What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

i never knew there was a movie but i'd seen it on SNL
so - MOOT!
anyway - got where first? i don't even remember where i got it

andrew

carcass said:
no its a different guy. Velcrow will be down in Cork as well to answer questions
ah. someone in the office has been bullshitting me! yeah, you're dead right. just had a look at the site. anyway that thang is on at 4.30 here today. I finish work at 6.00.

bollox :(

I think you got it in chapters. have they ever released it on dvd?
CEREMONIALDEATH said:
i never knew there was a movie but i'd seen it on SNL
so - MOOT!
anyway - got where first? i don't even remember where i got it

andrew

Sideways last night, good but not as great as people say, Giamatti is fucking amazing though. 7/10

Afterwards part of Coming to America, had to go home as it was late, left after the bit in the bar where Akeem and Ansenio went to pick up chicks. 12/10.

Other recent stuff, Meet the Fockers, not as bad as I might have thought, 5/10.

Closer, had to duck immediately as Nichols attempted to beat me over the head with the Damien Rice song right at the start (way to be subtle Mike), Clive Owen was good-ish everything else about it was mediocre at best, and they cut out Natalie Portman's pussy. 5/10

Unicron said:
Sideways last night, good but not as great as people say, Giamatti is fucking amazing though. 7/10

Afterwards part of Coming to America, had to go home as it was late, left after the bit in the bar where Akeem and Ansenio went to pick up chicks. 12/10.

Closer, had to duck immediately as Nichols attempted to beat me over the head with the Damien Rice song right at the start (way to be subtle Mike), Clive Owen was good-ish everything else about it was mediocre at best, and they cut out Natalie Portman's pussy. 5/10

Down with film-cutting! Watched Attack of the Clones there tonight, it truly is a big pile of shit, the only good things about it are some of the battle scenes, Jango Fett, and I thought Christopher Lee was good but that's only because I like him as an actor.

Cormcolash said:
Down with film-cutting! Watched Attack of the Clones there tonight, it truly is a big pile of shit, the only good things about it are some of the battle scenes, Jango Fett, and I thought Christopher Lee was good but that's only because I like him as an actor.

One of my favourite bits in Attack of the Clones was the scene where Obi wan dives through a window after some robot thingy. KICK ASS!

0032.jpe

jeah -
earlier - 'bottle rocket' - still don't know how i got this in a second handshop in limerick...great movie - the best wes anderson? from now on call me apple jack.

right now - 'bikini shop' - long ago birthday present of little interest cept for role played by frank nelson who was the basis of the "Yesssssssssss!" shop keep character in the simpsons. oh and some boobs and stuff. but guys, if i wanted to look at boobs, i'd just look at t'internet..this is really an amusing story! two brothers inherit their aunts bikini shop....etc.
"Yessssssssss!?"

andrew

Unicron said:

yes, saw this last night. I was expecting it to be fairly lame but it was grand. I laughed in excess of 5 times. Maybe it was a little too long. And there were not enough cat related gags.

MominskoHoro said:
earlier - 'bottle rocket' - still don't know how i got this in a second handshop in limerick...great movie - the best wes anderson? from now on call me apple jack.

on the run from johnny law, ain't no trip to cleveland

Gong Farmer said:
Saw Black Hawk Down last night. Wasn't bad. Maybe a little racist, but not bad.
yeah same here, as much as it pains me to say it, it was watchable. it had bruckheimer's filthy, filthy pawmarks all over it though. it also contained two of my cardinal sins of filmmaking in it.. abundant green lighting (you're not on a spaceship) and (I REALLY hate this), crappy jittery slo mo. you know when they slow down so much you can start to see a delay between the frames. aarrgh! I hate that so much. there's no need for it ever. EVER GODDAMMIT!!! still, I sat through it all. even though I had the sex and lucía dvd box staring up at me the whole time. that's what I MEANT to watch last night. shame on me! :)

Watched Escape From New York last night. It was great. The Dukes pimp-mobile with two chandeliers on the bonnet and a disco ball on the dashboard!

And did anyone ever have better hair in a movie than Kurt Russell in this? The only man who could challenge him for better hair is himself in The Thing!

Wilbert said:
Watched Escape From New York last night. It was great. The Dukes pimp-mobile with two chandeliers on the bonnet and a disco ball on the dashboard!

And did anyone ever have better hair in a movie than Kurt Russell in this? The only man who could challenge him for better hair is himself in The Thing!

Yeah, Escape From New York is one of the greatest films ever because Snake is probably the coolest anti-hero ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back