What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

He writes the script too. I think his original draft for Taken was something like:

Liam Neeson's daughter gets kidnapped.
Liam Neeson kicks the shit out of loads of bad guys.
The end.

And District 13 was along the lines of:
The two lads run on stuff, jump off stuff and fight.

Those are good scripts in my book.

i watched Kick ass with just the one eye last night..was very enjoyable.

brilliant. great script. tense and violent
51YtMrmY7NL.jpg

i'm on a bit of a neo-noir buzz. lined up next i've got:

The Hot Spot
After Dark, My Sweet
The Grifters

I watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo yesterday. I knew nothing of the book, and I thought it was extremely average. I liked the way the computer hacking bit looked (I assume) realistic rather than being one of the those fake computer programs they use in films. But despite all the gorey detail it was fairly flimsy. No interesting characters at all.

Rewatched 25th Hour tonight and enjoyed it again - made me realise how fucking long ago it was I had orginally watched it... where do the years go. I remember thinking it was too long the first time I saw it, now I thought it was just right. There's also some really cool lighting bits in it when they are outside the club all blue from the UV light and then in the jacks when they are all red... sweet details. Oh and that deadly (fuck you) speech in it too.

Luc Besson rules.
Basic Luc Besson film:

Some shit goes down in Paris.
Some amazing guy comes in, beats up bad guys, goes on car chases, kills loads of people, jumps around a bit.
Good guy sorts out shit.
The end.

That's all you need in action film right there. Besson is making class action films and giving a big "fuck off" to Hollywood whilst doing it. He's a legend. The only director in the world doing shit as good as him is Robert Rodriguez. More of these lads please.

Luc Besson rules.
Basic Luc Besson film:

Some shit goes down in Paris.
Some amazing guy comes in, beats up bad guys, goes on car chases, kills loads of people, jumps around a bit.
Good guy sorts out shit.
The end.

That's all you need in action film right there. Besson is making class action films and giving a big "fuck off" to Hollywood whilst doing it. He's a legend. The only director in the world doing shit as good as him is Robert Rodriguez. More of these lads please.

Yes basic Besson film = great action movie

Leon has more going on in it than that, and is more to my taste. To state the fact again Besson is very good at what he does he would probably be good at other things if he tried them. I like Luc Besson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back