What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

poster_ironman-2.jpg

Missing the charm of the first one.

Only watched the first one recently it does have some charm to it alright. Even Gwyeneth Palthrow is grand in it. Jeff Bridges should be in every movie ever. FACT.

NOSFERATU

but it was the verson with the shitty synth soundtrack,so i muted it and played some godspeed instead,a far better soundtrack!

Is it nosferateu or Dracula that has a brilliant Phillip Glass solo Piano soundtrack ?

The Bela Lugosi Dracula.

UndisputedPoster.bmp

This is about Scott Adkins fighting in prison. Does exactly what it says on the tin, and does it very well indeed. Spurious spins before kickings, jumping from the shoulders, that kind of thing.

Sample dialogue:
"You're a Judas"
"What does that make you, Jesus?"
"IT MAKES ME ANGRY"

200px-Lifeboat1.jpg

Really pretty cool, I think, this one, although I can't watch Hitchcock any more without imagining what yer man Slavoj Zizek would make of it, after seeing his interpreting-movies thingamajig. I don't think I've ever seen Tallulah Bankhead in anything before. She's pretty amazing in every scene in this.

Bvmovieposter.jpg

As awesome as ever.

They showed it in the Stillorgan Ormande last night, it was a pretty old print that crackled and had dirt marks every now and again but that just added to the occassion!

poster.jpg

True story of how Ip Man refused to be subjugated by the Japanese people and used his fists to bring forth the spirit of Chinese unity. Good fighting in this.

Waitress. Recorded it ages ago, felt kinda cheated, as the ad's for it made it look more like a comedy than it was. Still Andy Griffith was great as the grumpy old guy

Enemy at the Gates and Road to Perdition are good too.

crono01.jpg

Timecrimes: Good, low budget, spanish time-travel flick. Some parts don't really work but on the whole an entertaining addition to the time-travel canon.

Big trouble in little China: It's been years but it's still great. Kurt Russel's John Wayne impression is class and the dialogue swings from awesome to awful without losing any charm. Seeing Kim Catrall reminded me I need to check out Mannequin again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back