What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

slade_in_flame.jpg

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLY AWETACTULAR.

felt like an extended episode of some quirky BBC 3 sitcom, which is not surprising given that the writer/director is heavily involved in the mighty boosh. a few laughs, mainly from julian barrett, but overall a bit flimsy.
bunny-and-the-bull-01.jpg

t12478cxbou.jpg

Not great. Didn't even spot Vernon Wells in it, and Roddy Piper's sole gesture towards rowdiness was one single punch. Probably right to drop the Rowdy in the credits ofd this one. However, IMDB has just told me about Immortal Combat, which has himself and Sonny Chiba against an army of immortal ninja warriors. Bound to be rowdiness aplenty in that one.

Tagline above about "blowing Con Air off the screen". There are two shots of planes in the entire film.

Also, the box makes a big deal about Robert Davi having been in Maniac Cop 3. Uninteresting fact here, Rowdy Roddy Piper is in something called Hell Comes to Frogtown, and in the sequel he's replaced by Robert Z'dar, the Maniac Cop.

Star Trek

star-trek-movie.jpg

Really disappointing- I heard it was great

it wasn't

bad acting, endless "knowing looks"

ugh

Watched Leon
Leon.jpg

Or Leon the professional, the version I saw last night is the "uncut international version" presumably the censors (why in fucks name do we need them/ How do I get that job? is there a nanny state recruitment agency ?) in there infinite wisdom felt that some scenes had to be chopped so that we didn't all become professional killers or paedos. the longer version has about half an hour of extra plot and young girl in love with her dubiously honourable, awkward hitman scenes. All in all it's a better movie and I for one feel jipped that we got the tamer version back in the nineties. Gary Oldman is a brilliant fucking loon though he's played the same fucking loon a lot since, Jean Reno is so hang dog he looks like a hung dog and Natalie Portman is spectacularly brilliant. Besson Disappeared up his own arse when they gave him the cheat for infinite money and he spent it on the fifth element (which to be fair has it's moments). Well worth re-watching this if you've seen it already if you haven't get the uncut version even though you may get nasty looks from the guy behind the counter who probably thinks you are a paedo.

Luc Besson's grand. You know what you're getting anyway, and that's action films where they get the action right, even if everything else mightn't be too important.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

gets... nasty. michael sheen is deadly.

Gosh, Unthinkable looks deadly. Michael Sheen lights up my life, I may have to watch that.

Luc Besson's grand. You know what you're getting anyway, and that's action films where they get the action right, even if everything else mightn't be too important.

Agreed but my argument would be that the "everything else" bits in Leon are actually really great. pity he doesn't seem to care about those parts anymore. His films always look amazing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back