What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

I watched Rachel Getting Married, after reading about it one of the Onion A.V. Club end of decade lists about Anne Hathaway's performance. I still didnt know anything other than the basic plot when I turned it on this afternoon and was very worried that perhaps the A.V. Club's review could have been damning with praise for one particular role/performance (as in, in the midst of total and utter shite) but was really pleasantly surprised. Shocked in fact, that I'd never even heard mention of this film at all, considering its not even totally obscure. Was pleased to see who had directed it at the end too. Really good stuff.

I watched Rachel Getting Married, after reading about it one of the Onion A.V. Club end of decade lists about Anne Hathaway's performance. I still didnt know anything other than the basic plot when I turned it on this afternoon and was very worried that perhaps the A.V. Club's review could have been damning with praise for one particular role/performance (as in, in the midst of total and utter shite) but was really pleasantly surprised. Shocked in fact, that I'd never even heard mention of this film at all, considering its not even totally obscure. Was pleased to see who had directed it at the end too. Really good stuff.

i would like to see it. it sounds interesting

really terrible
drag-me-to-hell-poster.jpg

Watched Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer.
Henry_Portrait_serial_killer_CD004.jpg

The opening sequence is still brilliant and the notorious scene (if only spoiler worked) is still quite genius. Decent acting and some nice ideas but overall it's been copied and bettered so many times that it seems very dated. especially the music. good companion to the recent british film Tony (serial killer) which is it's modern brother and essentially a rehash. Both make you feel uncomfortable which is nice.

then watched Where the Truth Lies. On telly

35-241.jpg

Lots of sex, young flesh and Colin Firth and Kevin Bacon being charming and menacing. Would be okay if Alison Loman wasn't totally shit in the lead role. She's like the Naomi Watts charachter from the early scenes in Mullholland Drive but without any acting ability she just comes over as a complete twat. In fact Mullholland Drive was supposed to be a TV show before some dickhead in hollywood pulled the plug, if it had ended up on TV, this could have been an episode in it.... well if you edited it to an hour cut all the scenes where Loman has to actually act, kept in all the sex the one scene of violence and mixed up the narrative so that you had no Idea what was going on for most of it. It'd still be shit but at least you'd get another episode soon after maybe the weird guy behind the diner will be in it. Sweet.

I thought Drag Me To Hell rocked.

I watched the ian Dury movie last night or something.Was deadly.

Definitely one of the best film from last year, that Anne Hathaway is much more than just a pretty face.

Saw the disappearance of Alice Creed earlier. Pretty decent, and can be quite tense when it wants to be.

Atom Egoyan has loadsa ridin in his movies yeah?

Exotica is pretty sexy I suppose. Haven't seen any others. Couldn't be arsed.

Recently. Rewatched the Bourne ulitmatum. It was on telly

bourne-ultimatum-poster-425.jpg

The scene in the train station with Paddy Considine is amazingly well filmed. The rest of it is good too but that scene is basically just 5 or 6 lads walking around a train station but it's so well done.

frozenriverposter.jpg

Frozen River. Excellent acting. Pretty depressing.

they_live_movie_poster1.jpg

This I believe is an allegory about capitalism or scientography or something. Roddy Piper (billed here as just plain old Roddy Piper, but old people like me will remember him from his time when he was in the Worldwide Wrestling Fund and was Rowdy Roddy Piper) finds out that there are aliens walking amongst us and controlling our thoughts, as nefarious aliens tend to do. Roddy gets rowdy and announces his intent to chew bubblegum and kick ass, but unfortunately is all out of bubblegum. This is good.

Alien__Resurrection.jpg

I watched Aliens Resurrection last night cos it was on the telly. It wasn't as bad as I remembered but jaysus that human-alien puppet yokey with the nose thingy near the end ruins it. Replace that monster and it is perfectly serviceable. Christ it was awful.

strange_hostel2.jpg

First Coffin Joe movie I'd seen. Powerfully awful. Is his stuff always like this, or did I just pick a bad one to start with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back