What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

i don't know why i watched this. i knew i'd hate it
spun_poster.jpg

i don't like closer but the talented mr ripley is very good. does a series of unfortunate events count?

yeah it does, forgot about that, great film! To be fair he's also very good in Sherlock Holmes, it was just a dreadful film

Prince-of-Persia-The-Sands-of-Time-Movie-Poster.jpg

so unbelievably bad. I laughed out loud several times at the absolute crapness of it

imho it needed more of the original computer game or for the prince to break into One Jump Ahead at least once.

29ee5u.jpg

Damn, son.

DAMN.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. So, so terrible, yet I couldn't tear myself away from it.

i watched the book of eli the other night and was pretty disappointed by its right wing, christian fundamentalist subtext. i say subtext, i mean text. i felt conned afterward.

still think alfie was his calling card.
absolutely loveable rogue in it.

I watched about fifteen minutes of that and actually concidered reading every piece of feminist literature I could find to apease the universe. Utterly Dreadful.

Anyway
Just finished Touch Of Evil
touchofevil44.jpg

Brilliantly Lurid stuff. Charlton "epitome of right wing" Heston plays a proud Mexican. He used to be cool you know. Janet Leigh must be in the horn thread right ?

14_janet_touch.jpg

Pointy 50s bras yeewowch!

Killer_inside_me_2010_poster.jpg

Gruesome, hard hitting (literally in one particular scene) and distrubing but it's definitely worth seeing. Casey Affleck is amazing in it as are the supporting cast.

8 on 10

great prison drama. really well directed by buscemi.willem dafoe is as good as he's ever been. worth watching alone for tom arnold's terrifying cameo as a hillbilly would be rapist
3010n4p.jpg

Valhalla_rising_poster_dk.jpg

This is great. Not sure what it's about yet, but it looks and sounds amazing. By Nicolas Winding Refn who did those Pusher films. Mads Mikkelsen is some manner of old school Norse warrior kept prisoner for fighting at the start who escapes and goes off on a journey with a bunch of Christian lads. Feels a lot like Aguirre or Dead Man, definitely not the 300esque vibe the cover gives off.

2006_09_07_wasabi.jpg

Jean Reno as French cop in Japan keeping yakuza types away from the daughter he just found out about. Reasonably entertaining.

taxi2.jpg

Better than the original. Car chase with police car pile up lifted from the Blues Brothers. Pretty good.

Killer_inside_me_2010_poster.jpg

Gruesome, hard hitting (literally in one particular scene) and distrubing but it's definitely worth seeing. Casey Affleck is amazing in it as are the supporting cast.

8 on 10

I would have given it a 6 at best. Seemed to drag and oh yeah, 'I saw it coming.' I love Casey but this movie is a bit crap. There wasn't much to the story so it could have been told quicker. I'm guessing the book would be better because the film seemed to have potential but relied on the 'hard hitting' to almost carry the film. I was bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back