What movie did you watch last night? (22 Viewers)

an inconvenient truth.
it was good, its a hard concept to get your head around but the movie had a lot of heart to it.
al sure does love his charts and graphs though... jeeez louise!

Oh dear I found myself tucking into the old bollywood again

Baabul!!

Sort of pure mills and boon nonsense (dark brows, dark brows) with fantasticly camp full on action dancing and singing and throwing of shapes...

Fabulously rubbish dialogue, romantic locations...COSTUMES!!

- "the sun goes down but it comes up for the new day..a house needs sunshine and breezes...."

.....a message - love (both eros and agap!!) will over come all and so forth and so fifth

3 hours of pure sugary, guilty pleasure ....

http://www.ugc.ie/reservation/ChoixResa.jgi?CINEMA=61&FILM=24176&VERSION=

Pirates of the Caribbian - Dead Mens Chest. Favourite bits include - the bit on Endor when Depp is king of the Ewoks; when they go to see the voodoo chick on Dagobah and who could forget Sparrow's showdown with the Sarlacc.

Otherwise a waste on an evening's viewing.

Neilio: Otherwise a waste on an evening's viewing.

No such thing as a wasted evening's viewing - maybe a good thread!!

You're right tho' it wasn't a patch on number one by any means - even [SIZE=-1]Keira [/SIZE]"plank"* knightley managed to put in a decent performance in this...

- the monster in two was real stooopid and added nothing to proceedings plus not enough fighting or "yaaars" for my liking

*maybe she should walk the...

Watched The Constant Gardener.

Always, ALWAYS gardening. Non-stop, relentless garden tending going on. MAD.

It's a good idea for a film, but ruined by shakey camera nonsense and being long and sombre just for the sake of it.

After the rousing 'the Treasure of Sierre Madre', I watched a film which turned out to be staggeringly good and had one of the best central female performances I reckon I have ever seen.

Terence Davies' 'the House of Mirth'. My interest in this film became aroused after stumbling upon the Gillian Anderson entry in 'the Biographical Film Book'. Thompson was effusive in his praise of this intelligent, insightful performance. The old boy was right. And Anderson is so radiant with her beautiful ordinariness. Great supporting cast ( Dan Ackyrod has rarely been so thuggishly charming. Then the real thug slips out...) Anderson's scenes with Eric Stoltz (particularily the intriguing opening scene.) have a troubling stillness to them which lingers.

A great film. Maybe one of the decade's best.

lots of 1980s sell-thru tapes were grey / beige. Sometimes just the part that covered the tape itself, other times the whole cassette.

just checked it for ya there buddy:) the bit covering the actual tape is grey alright!! and get this - the tape actually rattles around in the box cause inside the case its marked "Beta"! old school:)

Terence Davies' 'the House of Mirth'.

You make a great case for it Nate - is DVD gettable???

Hi aoboa - Thought new version of Miami Vice wasn't tooooooo bad - or not as bad as it might have been!!
Though I couldn't take colm farell seriously for a second with that fecking ridiculous poodly hair cut...Gong Lee on the other hand...yummy...she seems to have hardly any English but thousands of brooding "looks"

kp

You make a great case for it Nate - is DVD gettable???

Hi aoboa - Thought new version of Miami Vice wasn't tooooooo bad - or not as bad as it might have been!!
Though I couldn't take colm farell seriously for a second with that fecking ridiculous poodly hair cut...Gong Lee on the other hand...yummy...she seems to have hardly any English but thousands of brooding "looks"

kp

Yeah Farrell was pretty average alright. I thought they managed to capture the mood of the tv series pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back