What movie did you watch last night? (22 Viewers)

over the last couple of days:

Oh brother Where Art Thou: absolutely wonderful, even for this repeated viewing (must be in double figures by now).

¿Qué he hecho yo para merecer esto!! ("what have i done to deserve this"): shit. utterly unconvincing in every respect.

Matchstick Men: entertaining enough, though the ending is very unfulfilling and disappointing.

To Kill A King: tedious drivel.

Extras series one: never seen any of this before, was alot better than expected. millman talking to the catholic priest at the prayer meeting was my favourite moment. the les dennis episode was remarkably depressing, like a comedy version of a mike leigh work. of a consistantly excellent quality.

Curb Your Enthusiam series' 2 and 4. the "thor" and "car pool lane" episodes are some of the very best of this wonderful comedy.

I watched 'Play it again, Sam' on New Year's Eve which was as enjoyable as expected. The likeable dippyness of a young Diane Keaton with some Allen-ampled gems in the dialogue.Last night I watched 'eight and a 1/2' which I found boring and overlong. The whole thing just seemed uneven and insincere. Strange, a few years ago i probably would have attacked some-one if they said anything bad about Fellini...Then, 'Lancelot du Lac', which completely bowled me over. I'm a sucker for austerity, though. Love to see it in a cinema. Today I watched two episodes of Ripping Yarns - 'Whinfrey's last case' and 'Golden Gordon'. It had been too long, and much chortling ensued...

I watched 'Play it again, Sam' on New Year's Eve which was as enjoyable as expected. The likeable dippyness of a young Diane Keaton with some Allen-ampled gems in the dialogue.Last night I watched 'eight and a 1/2' which I found boring and overlong. The whole thing just seemed uneven and insincere. Strange, a few years ago i probably would have attacked some-one if they said anything bad about Fellini...Then, 'Lancelot du Lac', which completely bowled me over. I'm a sucker for austerity, though. Love to see it in a cinema. Today I watched two episodes of Ripping Yarns - 'Whinfrey's last case' and 'Golden Gordon'. It had been too long, and much chortling ensued...

8 and a 1/2 must be one of the most pretentious and overrated films ever.the ending almost redeems it but not quite. Play it again, Sam is a classic alright.must give that another ging

The Good Shepherd - as good as it is long. and it's very, very long.

Hmmmm. Watched it last night. It was alright. Really disliked the Matt Damon character. Aalso, is Angelie Jolie scary in every film, or is just me?

Just a heads up for anyone who's interested. UKNova.com is floating Alan Bleasedale's "The Monocled Mutineer" at the moment. Well worth a watch, for anyone who's never seen it or who would like to.

Haven't seen this since I was a youf. Watched it with me Ma and we bothed loved it. Gonna download it tonight.

Watched Childern of Men as well last night. Very impressed altogether. Very tense.

diddles;686869 Watched Childern of Men as well last night. Very impressed altogether. Very tense.[/quote said:
just watched that there diddles. totally agree with you.
its been a while since ive seen a movie where ie genuinely been surprised/shocked/moved and excited.

for anyone whos seen it, am i the only one thinking that the sequence during the uprising is the finest example of a one shot sequence ever?
fuck goodfellas.

just watched that there diddles. totally agree with you.
its been a while since ive seen a movie where ie genuinely been surprised/shocked/moved and excited.

for anyone whos seen it, am i the only one thinking that the sequence during the uprising is the finest example of a one shot sequence ever?
fuck goodfellas.

That bit was incredible! The earlier bit where they were in the car (don't want to spoil it) was mad! Didn't think it was going to be so gritty. My fav characters were crazy eye Margot and her dog and Sid the guard - what a loolaa!

That bit was incredible! The earlier bit where they were in the car (don't want to spoil it) was mad! Didn't think it was going to be so gritty. My fav characters were crazy eye Margot and her dog and Sid the guard - what a loolaa!

hella!
after that car bit i really wanted to rewind it and watch it again.
totally didnt think it'd be as gritty but it was all the better for it. clive owen is the fucking cheese right now. he was fucking deadly in inside man and he was perfect in this movie.
im watching this movie again tomorrow.
right, im off to watch flags of our fathers.

Well in direct answer to the question!

London to Brighton - in the IFI which was a well tough and impresive debut - but very, very heavy - well worth a watch though.

The got the DVD of Vertigo for a mere fiver in HMV and had a look when I got home - what a fecking film - superb - so much psychology and philosophy and James Stewart is always good for a laugh...

kp

Was never bowled over by 8 1/2 or La Dolce Vita.
Amarcord beats both of them I think.

Yeah, although having seen La Dolce Vita in a cinema, it has it's moments.

My favourites that I've seen are 'I vitelloni' (the spivs) which has a rogue cast, beautifully made and The White Shiek which is enjoyable, a real Sunday matinee.

Yet to see Amarcord.

lcpoltergeisttwo6.jpg

on a 21 year old video tape from a charity shop.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back