What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

we went to see "Brothers of the Head"

I thought it was over-stylised and that annoyed me. but it wasn't too shabby

Ah, now it's quite shabby. It's one of the great mis-hits of all time. As in it's utter bunkum.

I caught the last hour of 'Baby it's you' on t.v on Saturday night. I was raging I didn't catch it from the beginning. Always regarded as one of the better Sayles' ones. Vincent Spano; it's a mystery how he never made it. In the early eighties he had a good string of performances. And he was good for a young actor.

ever seen Take Care of Your Scarf, Tatjana - another good Finnish road movie?

Yeah! The director of Tatjana is a co-writer, actor and the brother of the director of the Worthless. I've got now 2 movies on dvd by Mika and 8 by Aki Kaurismäki, all with english subtitles...maybe with Jari Halonen the only modern finnish directors to trust (though Aki moreso nowadays than Mika). Ah well. Anyhow, I can borrow some movies if interested. One is an adaptation of Crime and Punishment and one of Hamlet. Both hilarious

Cook cutting ham,
Enter Hamlet:
"Ham, let me"

(in Finnish, so that the pun is only revealed in the translation)

Norman Nailer: Last King of Scotland.

Pretty Good. Forrest Whittaker has a air of menace about him but I think this has more to do with the difference in stature between him and the doctor than his portrayal of Imin.

Well they seemed to be playing what you might almost call the "Joseph Conard heart of darkness card" - especially when they had him cornered in the airport black, angry faces and red blood shot eyes - potentially dodgy but very nicely done!- Very, very menacing
...I though Forest Whittaker was BRILLIANT
- I just loved that hint right at the start in the banquet - "We'll all be having tasty local dishes and without a hint of human flesh" (well words to that effect!)

I liked that the way the doctor was far from very "pure in heart" - in fact no one came out of it great - the slightly "off" British intellegence chap was brilliant as well - who was that any way? - Looked vaguely familar...

Was it me or do they make Amin look "blacker" when he was being a psycho and more brown and lightskined when we was the cheery affiable leader?

Perhaps it was cause the psycho scenes were indoors or somethig but it did catch my attention abut half way through.

Was it me or do they make Amin look "blacker" when he was being a psycho and more brown and lightskined when we was the cheery affiable leader?

He he - you wouldn't put it past them! - Most of the psycho scenes were indoors and a lot of the more jolly ones outdoors playing footy etc or in good light I seem to recall - that might have been deliberate too!

They showed a few shots of the real Idi at the end and he did actually look naturally a lot darker than forest whittiker at any stage I thought...

There was a priest I used to know who had been a missionary. He was in nigeria during Jomo Kenyata. He was the chaplain in a prision and had given last rights to 700 people before they were hanged.

Another I knew had been in Kenya during the MauMau (I have a feeling he, or one of tha same group, was the priest mentioned by Grahan Greene in Way of Escape) and used to bring a revolver with him making sick clls during the night. He told me if anyone approached him on the road he would take the revolver form under hus soutane and begin clickin the barrel as a warning.

21352-1.jpg

I watched again this film, quite interesting and original with a great soundtrack and Nacho Novo is superb

the house of god. comedy/drama about new jr.docters, starting work in a busy hospital. quite good, not as funny as the book was. if you like the humor of scrubs, you'll probably like this.

Feast- Produced by Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Wes craven and Chris Moore but don't let that put you off! Gammy monsters, reasonable gore, Henry Rollins and all the predicted hereos die, what more could you want :) Very enjoyable.

loved last king of scotland...but further discussion in appropriate thread..

saw night at the museum too..would have been better to see it at christmas but still nice way to while away a few hours..

Amores Peros

first time seeing it actually, got it for christmas.really good.love the whole symbolism with the dogs as foils to their human masters.the linking of stories is pretty loose but done well, and the girl who plays susanna is :eek:

top flick

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back