What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

I went to see 'Images', which was on in the ifi last night.

One of the worst films I have ever seen. Ever. Pretentious, contrived, ridiculous. Embarrassingly bad. And boring.

A complete Nic Roeg rip-off. Robert Altman (r.i.p) should have kept his "dreams" in the bedroom.

Susannah York was there for a chat afterwards, but I couldn't bear any more.

shoassa1.jpg

darren aronofsky's new one. you're better off not knowing anything about it before going to see it, then being very confused for a while, until half way through the movie, when you think 'oh yeah'. worked for me.

Sounds like a plan - heck I forgot he was in The Prestige and very good in it too...almost as good as young lord David of Bowie knife

kp

I went to see 'Images', which was on in the ifi last night.

One of the worst films I have ever seen. Ever. Pretentious, contrived, ridiculous. Embarrassingly bad. And boring.

A complete Nic Roeg rip-off. Robert Altman (r.i.p) should have kept his "dreams" in the bedroom.

Susannah York was there for a chat afterwards, but I couldn't bear any more.

wow

I like Images.
What was the vibe like from the audience, or did you hear people's comments afterwards.

Three Women is a later Altman movie that gets mixed views but is cool I think. 1977.

wow

I like Images.
What was the vibe like from the audience, or did you hear people's comments afterwards.

Three Women is a later Altman movie that gets mixed views but is cool I think. 1977.

I was pulling some incredulous faces. There was a reasonable crowd. I think people were excited about a 'name' actress being there, particularily for a Q & A. No-one really left straight away apart from me. These Irish archival screenings have provided some right stinkers. Under the same monthly thing I also saw another one of the worst films ever - 'Quackser Fortune has a cousin in the Bronx', a serious cringe-fest.

I actually enjoyed one of Altman's most reviled films - 'the Company'. I wasn't expecting it to be any good and was pleasantly surprised.

I went to see 'Key Largo' last night. Excellent. James G Robinson, brilliant as the insecure tyrannical gangster.

Under the same monthly thing I also saw another one of the worst films ever - 'Quackser Fortune has a cousin in the Bronx', a serious cringe-fest. .

thats one of my dads favourite films! is it available? he saw it back in the day and found it hilarious...gene wilder yeah?

last night me saw....
HOUSE%20OF%201000%20CORPSES%20BIG%20BOX.jpg

not as good as the devils rejects but karen black was good in it - (she seems complelely cookoo in real life to in the easy riders/ragings bulls doc....)

and this....
28%20DAYS%20LATER%20DVD.jpg

good use of godspeed. hadn't seen it in years....was alright....

they're making a sequel apparently - 28 weeks later -" the plot will revolve around the idea of the United States of America arriving about six months after the incidents in the original film and attempting to revitalize an empty Britain. The cast of the original film are being reported as not returning for this film."

I'll be going seeing Apocalypto in the cinema tonight.. Also have Saw III and Rocky Balboa waiting for me to watch on the laptop.

watched this last night again, I love it I do:

poster_under_licence.gif
poster_under_licence.gif

The_Happiness_of_the_Katakuris_%28DVD%29.jpg

Definately my favourite director of all time
poster_under_licence.gif

thats one of my dads favourite films! is it available? he saw it back in the day and found it hilarious...gene wilder yeah?

Hopefully they have destroyed all remaining evidence of it's existence.
Gene Wilder's Oirish accent is one of the worst things ever heard in a film. And it's heard a lot. Utter drivel. That old dear David Kelly is in it, in a pub of course. He seems fairly disgruntled in it. But work is work. Or was, as the case went.

poster_under_licence.gif
poster_under_licence.gif

The_Happiness_of_the_Katakuris_%28DVD%29.jpg

Definately my favourite director of all time
poster_under_licence.gif

holy shit! that film sounds amazing.

just watched the squid & the whale there.
gorgeous film, dysfunctional family unit that wear nike runners with jeans, preppy shirts with corded blazer. set in 1980's manhattan complete with a pugeot 505 and a long haired william baldwin.
it was short as well which pleased me.

I love it because its so completely off the wall, I would recomend anyone to go pick it up if they can. I got it cheap in Chartbusters here in Limerick, they were selling off all their Tartan DVD's for next to nothing. I still have to watch The Yes Men and Palindromes.

If anyone doesn't have a clue who Takashi Miike is, just go rent/buy/steal whatever this film:
200px-Visitor_Q_%28poster%29.jpg

The most fucked up film of all time.

I did go see Apocalypto too last night and i thought was actually brilliant. really wasn't expecting it to be so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back