What movie did you watch last night? (2 Viewers)

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I watched phone booth on telly last night. Surprisingly enjoyable. They kept the tension going. It was a bit like a play, where everything happened in the one spot. Colin farrell was good too. Is my taste disimproving or was I just too prejudiced against this kind of thing to begin with?

i saw that film when it came out and was pretty disappointed with it. it was tense in parts, but i dont know if i can take colin farell seriously with his american accent.

i watched Finding Neverland last night and it was great.

La La said:
i saw that film when it came out and was pretty disappointed with it. it was tense in parts, but i dont know if i can take colin farell seriously with his american accent.

i watched Finding Neverland last night and it was great.

he was good in Minority Report

he also plays a deadly knacker!

just watched "the piano teacher". a dark and grim exploration of sexual frustration, self harm and masochism. perfect viewing for a first date. it dives into a fairly twisted place that the santised fluff of "secretary" claims to look into. the main actress makes one facial expression at the end of the film that is one of the most disturbing things i have seen in years.

also watched "the league of gentlemen" series one and two for the first time. great stuff, more unsettling and melancholic than laugh out loud funny.

nlgbbbblth said:
what do you think of the Dentons?

hahah, fantastic! my favourite bit was the pissing into the glass...
my favourite characters currently are iris and judee, and papa laruzo abducting women and turning them into circus animals is particularly surreal and unsettling. i avoided "the league of gentlemen" for a while, associating it for some reason with "little britain" in my mind for some reason (probably because of the catchphrase characters and the cross-dressing... and i hate "little britain") but its fantastic. one of the best theme tunes in programme for a long while.

dudley said:
i remember so many people walking out of the piano teacher in the ifc. intense movie....

yes, very rough. the sex scene is particularly troubling: is it ok because she wanted it? i certainly dont know, and either way its very disturbing and raises some serious questions...

the proposition: very good, atmospheric, great music, heads being blown off, flies - 8/10

thumbsucker: funny in too few parts, all over the place tone wise, i think ive had enough of quirky, searching, pastel colour, ensemble type films for a while. weird trend. - 4.5/10

Brian Conniffe said:
hahah, fantastic! my favourite bit was the pissing into the glass...
my favourite characters currently are iris and judee, and papa laruzo abducting women and turning them into circus animals is particularly surreal and unsettling. i avoided "the league of gentlemen" for a while, associating it for some reason with "little britain" in my mind for some reason (probably because of the catchphrase characters and the cross-dressing... and i hate "little britain") but its fantastic. one of the best theme tunes in programme for a long while.

i was in Royston Vasey (Hadfield) last November! fucking amazing!! the surrounding countryside is like something from a Hammer horror film!

Brian Conniffe said:
yes, very rough. the sex scene is particularly troubling: is it ok because she wanted it? i certainly dont know, and either way its very disturbing and raises some serious questions...

Amazing film. So emotionally complex and heart breaking

I regained consciousness and all i could hear was the soft whispering 'its like Christmas Day, Easter Sunday and Bully Ramming Wednesday have all come at once....'

Again. You can read about it this Sunday.

Brian Conniffe said:
just watched "the piano teacher". a dark and grim exploration of sexual frustration, self harm and masochism. perfect viewing for a first date.

a friend of mine actually did go on a first date to this movie!! he thought is would be "arthouse" and improve his credentials! he's still with the girl tho....

Over the last few days

First time to see them all...

Citizen Kane - Plesantly surprised. Didn't think I'd be able to get on board with it tbh, but quite entertaining.
Jarhead - Mostly shite, I thought. But the whole lack of combat thing was quite good.
U Turn - Strange. Started off really well. Got a bit too involved.
Leaving Las Vegas - Really liked this. Have yet to see a bad film with Nicolas Cage in it.

i was babysitting so i thought it was about time to watch the house of a 1000 corpses dvd i got as a present a year back. bit of a let down really. entertaining enough, but it was more of a camp comedy than a horror. is devil's rejects any better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back