What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

watched v for vendetta lastnight. hummm, not sure what to make of it. only started to read book few days ago, and i can already see lots of parts that were ommited, plus some really terriably cheese parts. this is however counter balanced by some outstanding brilliant scenes and a very well put together film. 8.5/10

Over the weekend

Hostel - Pretty good, slightly dissapointed. Not enough time spent in the
warehouse of despair and too much time spent running around europe.

Grizzly man - Excellent portrait of a very strange guy. Interviews with friends were
mental too. Foxes rule.

Hills have eyes - Very surprised at how good this was. Beautifully filmed. Relentless
Nihilism. Loved the 80's looking leading guy with beard and glases. Brilliant.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - not bad.
The Exorcism of Emilly Rose - Good enough. Wasn't that into the way they presented the story though.

aoboa said:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - not bad.
The Exorcism of Emilly Rose - Good enough. Wasn't that into the way they presented the story though.

yeah i thought the courtroom stuff was a bit Ally McBeal
but the possesion stuff itself was pretty fucking scary..

watched Scarface last night..tried to watch it with an open mind as it's kind of been tainted by every cunt on Cribs talking out their hole about it..
found it deadly in parts..the scene where the Columbians end up cutting up the guy with the chainsaw actually made me feel ill, for some reason it had a real documentary feel to it.. then for a lot of it, it just didn't grab my attention.. so can't really make up my mind on it fully yet.. at the moment i'm going with over-rated..

am on a Pacino buzz at the moment, so watched Cruising as well.. only hollywood film to ever feature fisting unless you count the guys head going up the hole of a horse in Police Academy..
Cruising is amazing tho.. first film that he actually doesn't look so fresh faced anymore.. isn't it strange how his head changed so much in the space of around five years?

Andy_aurel said:
Over the weekend

Hostel - Pretty good, slightly dissapointed. Not enough time spent in the
warehouse of despair and too much time spent running around europe.

Grizzly man - Excellent portrait of a very strange guy. Interviews with friends were
mental too. Foxes rule.

Hills have eyes - Very surprised at how good this was. Beautifully filmed. Relentless
Nihilism. Loved the 80's looking leading guy with beard and glases. Brilliant.

where dyou see hostel?

Andy_aurel said:
Bought it from dodgy market fella that you sometimes see at the
start of films destroying the Film industry by exploding
video tapes with his big red X

I saw that guy at the start of my copied copy of House of 1000 Corpses last night.

in the past week i have experienced the equivalant of someone puking into my mouth and making me pay for it..the first was lucky number slevin which was like revolver and as shit...on monday i saw the the pink panther..i was really hopin steve martin was gonna not be shit..but he was...one scene however did bring me back to the days of last summer, trying to teach 16 french teenagers how to pronounce 'h':)

I watched phone booth on telly last night. Surprisingly enjoyable. They kept the tension going. It was a bit like a play, where everything happened in the one spot. Colin farrell was good too. Is my taste disimproving or was I just too prejudiced against this kind of thing to begin with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back