What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

aoboa said:
Isn't that just a basic gore-fest compared to Holocost?

well it's not as accompolished as Holocaust. The director Lenzi went for cheap cast and thrills but there's something compelling about it. The points made in it [the drug dealers are to blame for the cannibals' violence] are valid but are driven home in a heavy-handed fashion.

John Morghen is good too.

Watched Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer the other night. Enjoyed it. Wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it's still worth checking out.

Recent watching includes...

Devil's Rejects (might watch this again tonight actually)
Straw Dogs (Fucking amazing!!!)
Ghost World
Fantastic Planet
Van Helsing (so crap, it's brilliant)

Recently bought DVDs I still need to watch....

Bad Liutenant (it's between this and Devil's Rejects tonight)
American Beauty
The Exorcist
Death Race 2000 (saving this for a special occasion)

Tonight we had

The Constant Gardener - Thought it was OK, but not as fantastic as some would have you believe.
Elizabethtown - pretty good, just too damn long
Transporter 2 - Most ridiculous movie I've seen since The Transporter. Amazing.

The Island:

They deserved to be in that bunker, they were all annoying and stupid as fuck.

The end.

sympathy for lady vengence
-a let down compared to oldboy and mr. vengence, but was still pretty decent.

shopgirl
-felt like steve martin was trying to pull off a bill murray lost in translation impression. story was a bit flimsy. enjoyable and funny all the same. always nice seeing clare danes.

breakfast on pluto
-really enjoyed this. the gavin friday mohawks segment had me in tears.

Witchfinder General, with Vincent Price generally finding witches.

Aguirre, the Wrath of God. Tremendous film, Klaus Kinski floating down the Amazon looking for El Dorado and losing the plot.

"some kind of monster" - pretty deadly
although it doesn't make metallica look as ridiculous as i'd been lead to believe
they are exactly as i'd imagined metallica to be

Tried to watch Suspiria last night.

However, given that I'm such a cowardy cowardy custard, I'm so scared of films sometimes that I have to turn em off.

There was really nice, sensuous imagery in the bit that I saw though. And the lighting is bizarre.

aoifed said:
Tried to watch Suspiria last night.

However, given that I'm such a cowardy cowardy custard, I'm so scared of films sometimes that I have to turn em off.

There was really nice, sensuous imagery in the bit that I saw though. And the lighting is bizarre.

Did you like the soundtrack?

I think it's ace.

ok - watched "Things To Do In South Central When You're Drinking Your Juice In The Hood" - spent most of the film trying to figure out how old I was when I saw it/enjoyed it - easily the worst movie i've bought in recent memory. i hope i never see In Living Color again and find out it's rubbish too. Wayans = Not Funny. DUH DUH DUH - it's so obvious.

then i tried to watch Seed of Chucky but fell asleep. what hte shit is up with the seed of Chucky? state of that.
seedofchucky1.jpg

Anyway Redman is in it so it's guaranteed to be amazing. jennifer tillys breasts as well cool

nlgbbbblth said:
Did you like the soundtrack?

I think it's ace.

I remember commenting on liking the music that I heard. However I was too scared to appreciate it properly. I'm so lame.

Don't go drinkin your blah balh south blah blah is really embarassing to watch. Except the bit where the dude steals the old lady's zimmer frame and escapes on it. Wharra joke!

saw shopgirl and brokeback mountain this week...

shopgirl is kinda rubbish..i absolutely love steve martin but hes really disappointing..and if there is a more annoying character than claire danes' this year ill eat my unlimited card...but jason schwartzmann is just so so great..

brokeback was deadly..not what i thought it was gonna be but great all the same..made all the better by this sweet old man who had obviously not expected what it was who walked along the row to leave sayin apologising to everybody and saying things like 'wrong era'..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back