What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

saw walk the line on friday cos i wanted to see it before everyone told me how shit it was...but its really really good..joaquin is really good as j.c. and the singing in it is deadly..it totally lived up to my expectations..i love it when that happens..

watched eddie izzard-definite article last night..almost wet myself..

the aristocrats. very, very funny, espically some of the other jokes told in bonus material. 8/10

gaspar noe's "sodomites". a short film (seven minutes) done shortly before his first feature length "seul contre tous (i stand alone)". it is a "public service announcement", part of a series of short films to encourage safe sex. it's silly, extremely sexually explict, and features a highly intense use of camera work and editing which certainly points towards the style of "irreversible". the soundtrack is quite powerful, consisting pretty much entirely of a revving motorcycle, dogs barking, a shouting crowd and almost sub-sonic bass tones. amusing.

just finished watching together on bbc4. great film.

also, special mention for croupier on more 4 the other night. also a great film.

little women; the 1949 version with liz taylor in it.

about the 5th time ive seen that version.

sucker for classics, i am.

oh, and brokeback mountain which i rather liked.

Finally got around to seeing The Devils Rejects. Deadly - especially the final scene .|..|

Also saw Volcano High - also deadly :)

got to see House of Flying Daggers at last. Gotta love that shit.

Also watched the most disturbing episode of CSI ever (called Pirates of The Third Reich)... you know things are going to be bad when they put a "viewer discretion due to mature themes" warning at the start of that show. yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back